Incessant winds considerably compromised our vacation in paradise. The reason you go to Aitutaki is to experience the world-class azure blue lagoon. High winds churned up white caps and two foot swells; thus, cutting short our time on the lagoon. --Segway into our beautiful villa. Since we were forced to hunker-down inside, we were doubly glad to be quartered in such beautiful surroundings as Aitutaki Escape. We stayed three nights at Escape. Escape is the newest in a chain of resorts along the beach on the sunset side of the island. I will say right up front that the west side of the island does not offer the best lagoon/ocean view. If your choice of accommodation is all about the view, then book your stay at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa. However, if you want luxury, privacy, and a feeling of being in your own personal vacation home then you will want to stay at Aitutaki Escape. Ioane, the owner/manager of Escape, went out of his way to assure our every need was met. Others on TA complained that even though the villa is on the beach, the bedroom does not face the ocean. Again, since the west side of the island does not face the turquoise lagoon (& this is a true statement for all resorts on the west side), the most romantic setting is the garden/pool courtyard. Actually, we thought the floor to ceiling glass walls of the bedroom facing the private garden with lush tropical vegetation, pool, spa, and waterfall accented by the island mountain as a backdrop was much more appealing than the ocean view. Escape is truly an escape....quite, secluded & richly appointed. The vanity and shower of the bathroom are beautiful; separating the garden by a glass wall exudes the feeling of being outside. The villa at Escape gave us the luxury we expected. We had no problems with bugs, lizards, mosquitoes, or any other unwanted critters. You will need a mode of transportation to get to restaurants and other island sites. I hope you will choose to stay at Escape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aitutaki Escape is a boutique beachfront property with just 3 private beautifully appointed spacious and luxurious Villas, all fully air-conditioned, with direct access to the beach and lagoon. Each Villa has a private courtyard featuring a swimming pool, beachfront decks and boardwalks, full kitchen facilities, very spacious interiors, king size beds, lavish bathrooms, complimented with genuine Cook Islands hospitality, service and meticulous attention to detail. An onsite Cafe offers food and beverage experiences daily and all excursions and tours offered on Aitutaki are arranged conveniently onsite. This property is regarded as the leading Luxury property for Aitutaki with full focus on delivering premiere experiences via its services and facilities and throughout Aitutaki. Aitutaki Escape boasts authentic Polynesian elegance and offers its guests a secluded and safe haven to leave the rest of the World behind......... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Aitutaki Escape reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Escape Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Escape South Pacific - Cook Islands