“Awesome days fishing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonefish - E2's Way

Bonefish - E2's Way
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Aitutaki
More attraction details
Owner description: Take up the challenge of the monster Bonefish of Aitutaki with renowned Bonefish Guide, Itu Davey. The beautiful Aitutaki Lagoon is home to the worlds largest Bonefish. For fly fishermen seeking the challenge of a lifetime the 'ghost of the flats' presents one of the most thrilling angling opportunities available. The huge bonefish (kiokio) of Aitutaki Lagoon can be a real challenge to catch, Itu's extensive knowledge of the flats and legendary fish spotting ability help tip the odds in your favour.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome days fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We loved our days fishing with these guys. They went out of our way to make us welcome and were very tolerant of our 'variable' fishing skills. They even kept us out a bit late as my husband chased a GT. A fantastic days fishing from beginner to experienced.

Visited November 2013

Queenstown, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My brother and I recently ventured to Aitutaki for a sibling fishing trip. Although most people confused us as honeymooners (haha), we could not have had a better time! The island was beautiful, the people were lovely, but the fishing was out.of.this.world. I used to be a fishing guide in Wyoming in the US and have dedicated the better part of my life to this hobby. However, all the rules that apply to trout went out the window when we got to the lagoon and it definitely took me a while to "cast" away my old habits and focus on the tricky new techniques required to land bonefish. It was extremely humbling, to say the least. However, thanks to the incredible guidance of Itu, Rua, Shaka and Ben, we managed to have an extremely successful trip. I truly felt like we were fishing with the best guides on the planet (and to be honest, I think we probably were). They were so patient as we continually lost fish, but by the end of the week, both my brother and I could boast that we each landed 12 very impressive bonefish (and even a few GTs)! I can't imagine that one can find a fishing experience that gets much better than that--anywhere in the world! We are so glad that Kaleena could squeeze us in for a week of fishing, in February--we are truly "hooked" on E2s Way and are already trying to plan our next trip to the Cook Islands. As a former guide, I can tell you that you will be hard-pressed to find more professional, patient, and hard-working guides as the ones you'll get when you fish with E2s Way. They are truly the best in the business and we truly hope to get to go out with them again. In fact, I wouldn't mind doing it on my real honeymoon! Thanks to all for such a fun and unforgettable experience!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bessieb1212
Chichester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No complaints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We had a true experience with Itu and his brother Rua. Both worked exceptionally hard for us. The GT's were extraordinary on large poppers. We caught so many that I physically could take no more! 5 fish of 60-70lbs. I took 3 of 20lbs plus on an #8 wt fly rod and was amazed I didn't break my rod. I sprained pec and biceps muscles. My God it was worth it.
The bonefish were hard due to difficult wind and swell conditions but we managed 1 of about 8lbs to the boat on the fly and an excellent 7lbs in the boat on a lure.
No hesitation in recommending them
Hugh and Phil

Visited January 2014
2 Thank hugh c
Rotorua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bucket List stuff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just returned from 10 days Aitutaki bonefishing with Etu, Rua and Ben. These guys are the best and totally committed to getting their clients onto fish. Their fishing skills are legendary and we were successful every day out on the lagoon catching trevally's and good sized bonefish in beautiful weather and beautiful surroundings. Wonderful friendly people who couldn't do enough to make our days full of memories that will last a lifetime. I cannot recommend Bonefish- E2's Way highly enough. Real bucket list stuff....only wish we could've stayed longer but have wonderful photos to relive those heart stopping super powerful fish.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Noel131
New Plymouth, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I had a really great day with Itu.the gt's weren't co-operating on the edge of the lagoon,so we moved in and I got my first bonefish,very small but still good fun.after lunch we stopped at a sandbar to wade the flats.I am in awe of itu's ability to spot bonefish.he saw about 8,I saw about 4 of these at best!despite itu's expert guidance and directions I spooked most of these.i finally clicked and started following itu's instructions precisely and hooked up on a decent bonefish.it had a massive first run,Itu asked how much line my reel held.I told him 300m he said that was fine.as it ran Itu instructed me to put my rod tip in the water to put more resistance on the fish,great idea.when it finished its run it had gone off the flats into deeeper water.itu's advice was to walk towards it and wind in.I made up a lot of ground but as we got closer to it Itu spotted a big outcrop of coral and suggested I walk backwards to lead the bonefish away from the coral.eventually Itu got a glimpse of it and told me there's your trophy bonefish.Itu told me to make my my way back to the sandbar so we can land it.after some argument from the bonefish we got it to the sandbar where Itu put its weight at around 14 pound.a trophy bonefish on my first day,magic!after some photos I held my prize catch in the shallows till it swam off.I would definitely recommend Itu to anyone wanting to go bonefishing,he gives clear instructions and I would not have seen or caught anything had I been by myself

Visited November 2013