“Amazing little cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing little cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at Paparei bungalows right across the road from Kukus so obviously we were going to try it out. The verdict: delicous and very good value.

I can easily recommend a lunch at Kukus cafe, I tried Als burger and was very impressed. The iced tea was also a welcome beverage on a warm day.

We also hired a kayak from here which was excellent value at $20 per day.

• Visited October 2012

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

Great place with a friendly atmosphere. Had the fish burger a couple of times, yum! It's a great island cafe, not a place that makes you feel like you are still in Auckland.

Visited August 2012
Taupo, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kuku's Kool Kafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

A lovely little cafe with great food and good prices. I definitely recommend a visit here if you are in Aitutaki you wont be disappointed. The owner was there and she is lovely and very accommodating. Don't leave the island without a visit.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dave P
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This cute little cafe on the side of the road was a real island treat. We loved the burgers and the ice tea was just what we needed.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Erin W
Brisbane, Queensland
“Kuku's Karismatic Kafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

What a lovely little cafe on the road to Arutanga - the main town of Aitutaki. We were staying at Tamanu Beach Resort, and we were told that the town was three kilometers away - so we started walking. On route we see this gorgeous cafe - it was the colours that grabbed my eye. The table cloths were colourful pareos, the tables were set with hand painted glass place mats, under the shade of a glorious breadfruit tree, so I suggested to my Husband to try it out. I suppose that you should not judge a book by its cover but in this case what a discovery we made! The food was freshly made and presented beautifully, art on a plate, or should I say banana leaf. Lex had a beef burger with all the trimmings, and I had a fish burger - a beautiful piece of grilled tuna steak with salad (no deep fried fish patty to be seen - thank goodness). Of course, when on a beautiful island, one has to indulge in a tropical smoothie - yes, I was in heaven. The town of Arutanga is sparse when it comes to eating establishments, but on the way, there is wonderful Kuku's - opened for breakfast and lunch.

1 Thank Lambsy03