Our honeymoon on Cook Islands started on Rarotonga for 3 nights then to Pacific Resort Aitutaki for 5 nights. We were blown away by our Te Manava villa on Raro and upon arriving at the Aitutaki Resort we knew we were in for something special.
Any picture postcard or online images you see of the Cook Islands and in particular of Aitutaki just don't do justice to the real life views, everything is impossibly beautiful.
Onto the resort itself, In my opinion, the most significant differentiator among service providers in any industry is the people behind the business and so to sum up our overall experience with Pacific Resort Aitutaki, it would be the people working at the resort that really made our stay the pleasant, relaxing and enjoyable time it was.
The staff from reception to restaurants to room service etc are all genuinely friendly and most willing to assist in any way to meet your every need or want.
I guess coming from Sydney - the BIG city - where just good service is hard to come by it really stands out as being remarkable when you encounter a uniformly team of genuine people all with the same positive happy mindset to make your stay most memorable.
The food at the Rapae Bay restaurant is exceptional,from breakfasts to dinners, the food is always consistently prepared to a high standard, ingredients are fresh, no frozen veggies here and the fish which we thoroughly enjoyed is caught fresh in the afternoons and served up hours later. Again we would be hard pressed to find an equal here in Sydney at the same value for money i should add.
Our room was very well presented on arrival, ideal finishes for a villa in paradise. As we are both architects with an eye for the details we were impressed with the design, finishes, fixtures of not only our room but the resort on the whole.
We hired a car for the day to get around the island and see what it has to offer and after a round trip of 27km we quickly realised that we had certainy picked the right place to call home for 6 days.
We want to say one more "meitaki atupaka" to all staff and Greg Williams, the resort manager who is clearly doing a terrific job behind the scenes in making this place tick which must be uniquely challenging on an island so remote.
We weren't sad to leave because we just locked up our Villa 200 and left the keys with reception, our new holiday home will be here waiting when we return for a holiday some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate collection of 27 secluded hideaways with absolute beach frontage while set amongst lush,palm filled gardens for privacy. With a luxury rating reaffirmed through its association with Small Luxury Hotels of the World this winner of numerous International Awards offers the complete luxury escape while respecting the principals of Social Responsability. Pacific Resort Aitutaki champions Eath Hour and also offers the Cook Islands first Aquatic Eco Trail just off their beach. Pamper yourself in the Tiare Spa with Manicure, facial or island Rapae Massage, Dine on sophisticated cuisine in Rapae Bay Restaurant as the sun sets, or between July and October breakfast while whales Breech in the waters offshore. The Black Rock Cafe is nestled between the beach and the infinity pool and provides a selection of cocktails and al fresco dining experiences to perfectly round off your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Resort Aitutaki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki Hotel Aitutaki
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki South Pacific - Cook Islands