Amazing stay at the Pacific Resort! Luxurious without being pretentious. Genuinely friendly staff and General Manager. Wonderful views and lovely facilities.
Foodwise, we ate most of our meals at the Rapae Bae restaurant and the more casual bar restaurant by the pool and had no issues at all. The food was delicious and prices are what you would expect at such a luxurious locale. Breakfast was included with our stay and it was made to order. There were many options available as well as a chef's special dish each day (my favorite by far was the Vegetarian Nasi Goreng). Service at the restaurant was also super friendly however needs a touch more training. Our bread plates were never cleared and sometimes coffee would take a bit long in the mornings (though I saw other tables getting quicker service). Other than those very minor details, we enjoyed each of our meals there!
The location was perfectly breathtaking. The resort still retains lots of the natural character of the island and our bungalow (700) was in a perfect spot to catch the sunset every night. The infinity pool overlooks the lagoon and was a nice size and with a lovely waterfall and a view of the treehouse restaurant.
We were able to enjoy the kayaks as well, but sometimes it was a bit tricky getting around the coral. Still well worth it to take them out at least once!
The facilities were maintained quite well and our room was cleaned nicely each day. Internet service was a bit finnicky but that is to be expected on a tiny island like this and the front desk were very helpful in resolving any internet issues we had. The front desk was also super nice and very helpful with helping us reserve our excursions throughout the week.
The managers happy hour on Thursday was also a real treat with free wine and beer as well as super tasty treats. The GM Greg was very nice and mingled with everyone.
We had an amazing time at the Pacific Resort and are already planning to return to this very resort in the next few years! If you are visiting the Cook Islands, you must visit Aitutaki and stay at the Pacific Resort! You will not be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded Luxury … The multi-award winning, five-star Pacific Resort Aitutaki, surrounded by the breathtaking, tranquil turquoise waters of the Aitutaki lagoon, offers an intimate collection of only 27 luxuriously appointed bungalows and villas. Each air-conditioned room offers uninterrupted views across the lagoon from your very own private sundeck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Resort Aitutaki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki Hotel Aitutaki
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki South Pacific - Cook Islands