We spent 4 nights here after 3 days on Rarotonga. We had villa #7. The room was fine, but a little small. We had no hot water the first morning which I realized as I was going to take my first outdoor shower. The blown breaker problem was very quickly resolved. We enjoyed the outdoor shower but wonder what it would be like in the really rainy season!
The resort was going into it's slow season so was not full, but the staff were all friendly and helpful, especially Janish, our great kitchen chef. Because it was not real busy lunches and dinner were served at the restaurant by the beach bar. The food was pretty darn good but we felt a little rushed at times. It was the only thing that didn't seem like 'island time'.
I loved some of the unique things around the resort like the giant chess boards on the beach.
We probably would not go back just because the island is just a bit too laid back for us but are really glad we went to enjoy the lagoon and the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island, adults only resort in the Cook Islands. It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics - the Overwater Bungalow. And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa South Pacific - Cook Islands
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki