We didn't stay here mainly due to checking out tripadvisor before choosing our accommodation.
But as two couples we know loved their stay here we were keen to eat at their restaurant and check it out (in the hope that we might come back to Aitutaki one day).
We took their boat to the island and entered the reception area as we were told we had to do.
The staff who greeted us however were rude and snobby. We asked politely to see the menu for the restaurant and her exact words were "you would need to be escorted to the restaurant and as it's only to look at the menu I'm not going to waste my time doing that". Even if that is that case (although there were 4 staff there and none seemed to be doing anything) she could have been less rude. I have always found Cook Islanders to be some of the most friendly people I have met so was quite shocked.
I had also read that the beach was beautiful and had FOMO, but we saw the resorts beach later in our trip and had nothing to worry about as it was no better than the rest of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island, adults only resort in the Cook Islands. It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics - the Overwater Bungalow. And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa South Pacific - Cook Islands
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki