You know those postcodes and wallpapers of stunningly beautiful Pacific Islands - well imagine just stepping into one - that's Aitutaki - WOW. SOOOO beautiful - so lovely, and the people are so warm and friendly.
Tamanu Beach beach is the perfect spot to enjoy this little slice of paradise. There are about 25 huts, a restaurant and two small ppols, fronting on to an amazing white sand beach that stretches in both directions for miles - and there are virtually no other people on it.
The snorkeling of the beach is beautiful, with purple coral aand lovey tropical fish abounding.
Reception booked us a Lagoon tour with TeKing Tours - and that was just amazing as well.
Top marks - the rooms are lovely, clean and comfortable - the beach is fabulous, and the staff are warm and friendly.
One caution about Aitutaki - leave your attitude at the airport. Grumpy or disagreeable attitudes stand out a mile here, because everybody is just so happy and wam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm island welcome to Tamanu Beach Hotel- your casual luxury Pacific Island getaway destination, on the pristine atoll of Aitutaki. Tamanu Beach resort is located on the western coast of Aitutaki, with stunning sunset views from our beachfront Restaurant and Bar. Tamanu Beach resort offers four bungalow accommodation options, including garden bungalows and one bedroom lagoon view bungalows. All of our Cook Islands bungalows are nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Our beachfront bungalows are on the water's edge- a stone's throw from our gorgeous blue lagoon. Our stunning Aitutaki beachfront resort features 23 bungalows, conference facilities, two fresh water swimming pools, a beachfront bar and restaurant and a gift shop. Casual Luxury at Tamanu Beach Our private, white sand beach borders Aitutaki Island's crystal clear lagoon providing endless opportunities for island activities such as swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and SUPS in the azure waters. Tamanu Beach is family operated and we offer guests a truly unique Polynesian experience. Every Thursday enjoy our "Takurua" Island Feast and show - a performance of Cook Islands song, dance, fire dancing and more from our talented and dynamic cultural group. Tamanu Beach is a popular haven for magical Cook Islands weddings and honeymoons, and is within easy reach of local cafes, bars and restaurants giving you the opportunity to dine out at your leisure. Your stay with us includes the following complimentary services: •Return airport transfers •Daily tropical breakfast •All SUPS, Kayaks and Masks and Snorkels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tamanu Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamanu Beach Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands
- Tamanu Beach Hotel Aitutaki