Tamanu lived up to and beyond all expectations. We chose a bungalow on the beach front which was 20 paces from the sea and close to the outdoor dining area. Nothing was too much trouble for the cheerful caring staff. Organised our activities without charge- tours and pick ups. Our rooms were gorgeous and spacious, cleaning was perfect everyday. Free use of kayaks and push bikes (no gears but still had plenty of fun on them!). Small swimming pool in the garden. The snorkelling right in front of the resort is good, or you can paddle on a kayak to deeper water, both experiences being great. The lagoon is full of colourful fish. The breakfast (complimentary) was basic, if you were early enough the fresh passionfruit were my highlight. Not plentiful at this time of the year it seemed. Food was excellent, good menu. Only downside is the internet-expect slow variable connection. Aitutaki is still a hidden gem, quiet compared with Rarotonga and I hope the locals keep the island from being over run, they are successfully achieving a lovely balance presently. Already planning to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm island welcome to Tamanu Beach Hotel- your casual luxury Pacific Island getaway destination, on the pristine atoll of Aitutaki. Tamanu Beach resort is located on the western coast of Aitutaki, with stunning sunset views from our beachfront Restaurant and Bar. Tamanu Beach resort offers four bungalow accommodation options, including garden bungalows and one bedroom lagoon view bungalows. All of our Cook Islands bungalows are nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Our beachfront bungalows are on the water's edge- a stone's throw from our gorgeous blue lagoon. Our stunning Aitutaki beachfront resort features 23 bungalows, conference facilities, two fresh water swimming pools, a beachfront bar and restaurant and a gift shop. Casual Luxury at Tamanu Beach Our private, white sand beach borders Aitutaki Island's crystal clear lagoon providing endless opportunities for island activities such as swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and SUPS in the azure waters. Tamanu Beach is family operated and we offer guests a truly unique Polynesian experience. Every Thursday enjoy our "Takurua" Island Feast and show - a performance of Cook Islands song, dance, fire dancing and more from our talented and dynamic cultural group. Tamanu Beach is a popular haven for magical Cook Islands weddings and honeymoons, and is within easy reach of local cafes, bars and restaurants giving you the opportunity to dine out at your leisure. Your stay with us includes the following complimentary services: •Return airport transfers •Daily tropical breakfast •All SUPS, Kayaks and Masks and Snorkels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Tamanu Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamanu Beach Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands
- Tamanu Beach Hotel Aitutaki