Recently returned from a total recharge of my batteries after a 6 nights relaxation at Tamanu Beach Resort in a one bedroom beachfront bungalow (Bungalow number 112). This resort is not large, and is ideal and was precisely what I was after. The bungalow was beautiful, basically a short 30 seconds stroll from the crystal water with lounge chairs out front and a daybed and hammock on the verandah which was excellent for that afternoon snooze or reading a book. Sorry should I say three Jeffrey Archer books! Two of which came from the resorts library. Would recommend a massage (I had four!) on the verandah which can be easly organised through reception.
The bungalow had everything you need including a safe, with very comfortable beds. Little touches like fresh water refills in the large fridge. Even managed to do a little work and got excellent wifi connection from this bungalow.
Had a number of meals in the restaurant, lovely food and setting. Island night is highly recommended!
The staff were fabulous, and in particular Greg the General Manager and his partner Pauline who truly bent over backwards for me.
The beach and snorkelling in front of Tamanu was wonderful, the resort is cleaned often and well maintained. Managed to do a bit of snorkelling and would suggest the coral and fish in front of Tamanu.
Tamanu and Aitutaki is a great place to chill and unwind! Thank you Greg and Pauline I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm island welcome to Tamanu Beach Hotel- your casual luxury Pacific Island getaway destination, on the pristine atoll of Aitutaki. Tamanu Beach resort is located on the western coast of Aitutaki, with stunning sunset views from our beachfront Restaurant and Bar. Tamanu Beach resort offers four bungalow accommodation options, including garden bungalows and one bedroom lagoon view bungalows. All of our Cook Islands bungalows are nestled amongst lush tropical gardens. Our beachfront bungalows are on the water's edge- a stone's throw from our gorgeous blue lagoon. Our stunning Aitutaki beachfront resort features 23 bungalows, conference facilities, two fresh water swimming pools, a beachfront bar and restaurant and a gift shop. Casual Luxury at Tamanu Beach Our private, white sand beach borders Aitutaki Island's crystal clear lagoon providing endless opportunities for island activities such as swimming, snorkelling, kayaking and SUPS in the azure waters. Tamanu Beach is family operated and we offer guests a truly unique Polynesian experience. Every Thursday enjoy our "Takurua" Island Feast and show - a performance of Cook Islands song, dance, fire dancing and more from our talented and dynamic cultural group. Tamanu Beach is a popular haven for magical Cook Islands weddings and honeymoons, and is within easy reach of local cafes, bars and restaurants giving you the opportunity to dine out at your leisure. Your stay with us includes the following complimentary services: •Return airport transfers •Daily tropical breakfast •All SUPS, Kayaks and Masks and Snorkels ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tamanu Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamanu Beach Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands
- Tamanu Beach Hotel Aitutaki