1,006 results
All reviews honesty bar our honeymoon cook islands lagoon cruise absolute beachfront the managers honor bar fish beachfront villa yogurt day bed pacific resort each morning a special place koru cafe heaven on earth beautiful island
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Aitutaki had been a long time dream destination for me so when my husband and I decided to go there for our 3rd wedding anniversary we chose Etu Moana and from the moment we stepped onto the lush tropical pathway to our villa I knew we weren't going to be dissapointed and we weren't the view took my breath away......I had arrived!!!

Etu Moana only has 8 villas and for us is what made it so special, you get that personal touch and thanks to Jeff, Janine and the gorgeous girls they have there we felt like we'd come to stay with very good friends.

We will be back!!
Jodie & Christian

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We loved staying at Etu Moana. The welcome was second to none and made us feel very special. The staff were warm and friendly and Janine and Jeff made sure everything was perfect for us. The honesty bar was much appreciated with drinks sold at a very fair price. The breakfast was delicious and served at the pool area surrounded by beautiful gardens. The villa was immaculate and a restful place to be at the end of the day.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stayed at Etu Moana for 12 nights in villa 5. I am still jet-lagged from the journey home, but would jump back on the plane right now to be back there.

The property is simply beautiful, with superbly kept grounds boasting an array of colourful flowers and foliage. The villas are fantastic, well equipped, well laid out, and well spaced out, with great views over the garden and lagoon.

The level of service we received was unparralelled. Jeff and Janine were amazing hosts, as well were the entire team at Etu Moana. They all made us feel so welcome and at home. We wrote in our guest book something like "never been so far from home, never felt so much at home", and I can whole-heartedly echo that sentiment here in this review. All the staff were so frieldly and willing to go the extra mile for their guests; for example, Jeff & Janine went to fetch a local remedy for mozzie bites for my wife who was suffering from allergic inflamations from some of the bites she had. They will also organise any excursions, restaurant bookings or transport that you want, as well as offer informed advice about activities on the island.

The pool and bar form a great central area to the villas. Breakfast is served here, and is of continental style. I've always been a bacon & sausage man myself, but found the breakfast at Etu Moana to be just right, and of very decent quality and always served with a smile.
The bar is self-serve and relies on an honesty system, which was great as you can help yourself to 6 beers and just tick off 2 in your book..... just kidding Jeff!
The pool area also plays host to David's cocunut show on wednesday afternoons. David is a great bloke and part time grounds keeper at Etu Moana. His cocunut show is a must-see; very interesting, informative and entertaining. David is also a talented local artist, whose paintings and carvings adorn the villas and public areas.

Having had a nose at some of the other premuim accomodations on offer on Aitutaki, we would say that the setting and villas at Etu Moana look way more impressive and attractive than those of their higher priced competitors.

So to summarise, Etu Moana is the best place we have ever stayed, helped us fall completely in love with Aitutaki, and was the icing on the cake that was the most perfect honeymoon we could have ever hoped for.

Huge thanks to all the team at Etu Moana for such a memorable time.
Until next time, Ka Kite!

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Stayed here for four nights in Sept. First night was in a beachfront Villa #1, which was really beautiful and felt very special, then moved to Villa 7, still had a view from the deck but it was next to the "laundry" villa, so did get a lil bit of noise. I think I would try to get a beachfront villa the whole time next time! But we booked at quite late notice so were happy to get four nights there.
The gardens are really nice, the pool is great and really like the thought that had gone into the planning of the villas such as the outside shower, the outdoor daybed, and the layout of the villas which ensured privacy for all villas. Kitchens had good utensils, we did most our cooking in the villa. We also liked the DVD library and the reasonably priced honesty bar. Scooter hire on site and free bikes are good, as is the location, in walking distance to Puffys and Tauonos (both which were not open the day we we went looking for lunch), and Tamanu Beach.
Good value compared with other places on the island. We moved to a studio room (with kitchen) at Tamanu Beach for 3 nights following our stay here and found it not nearly as nice or private.
Snorkelling outside resort was ok, beach is nice but not real sand, and as it is a lagoon it is shallow. Snorkelling outside Tamanu beach seemed a lot better. Ootu beach best for swimming (but not snorkelling).

Reviewed 20 September 2010

I really don't know what to say that hasn't been said before. This place has it all and I couldn't possibly add anything other than this place and the people will blow your mind! Jeff, Janine, Lovey, Cecilia, Laundry Queen (hehe!), David, Willy, and many others...we miss you all. Thank you for the Stingose when my mosquito bites got uncontrollably itchy. Thank you for showing us the Southern Cross - we may never see it again, especially not in that sky. Thank you for the contact of your friend with the bar in Queenstown and your advice on rental cars. Thank you for showing us how to survive on a deserted island with nothing but a coconut tree, our teeth and a stick. Thank you for letting us relax and worry about nothing. Thank you for blowing our wedding expectations out of the water. Thank you to the hotel guests who showed up at our wedding - it was a pleasure having you and we wish you well. Thank you to Cafe Tupuna for the ridiculously delicious wedding dinner. Thank you for the memories. I hope my wedding dress finds a new Aitutakian bride...I'm still waiting for pictures!
Love from Natalie & Mariano

P.S. To the honeymooners, be sure to plant your coconut on Honeymoon Island. We'll be back in a few years to check on ours.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family