1,006 results
All reviews honesty bar our honeymoon cook islands lagoon cruise absolute beachfront the managers honor bar fish beachfront villa yogurt day bed pacific resort each morning a special place koru cafe heaven on earth beautiful island
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We spent 5 nights at Etu Moana for our Honeymoon in September. From the moment we stepped off the plane, the staff from Etu Moana made us feel so welcome and at ease. We stayed in Villa 1 and loved it - the rooms are amazing and luxurious without being over the top. The beach on Aitutaki isn't the pure, soft white sand that I was imaginging, but the beach out the front of Etu Moana is one of the better parts of the island. And great snorkling. The use of the bikes and kayaks add to the relaxing experience at Etu Moana. Don't stress about anything - the wonderful staff there will help with whatever you need, whether it be dinner reservations, a towel and a poncho after you get back from a scooter ride in the pouring rain, or clean clothes!
If you are lucky enough to go to Aitutaki, do yourself a favour and stay at Etu Moana! Book early! We will definately be going back :-)

Reviewed 12 October 2010

I could not have prepared myself to behold the magnificent beauty of Aitutaki and arrival at Etu Moana.
These gorgeous beach villas exude a special ambiance that is welcoming and intimate, charming and romantic, with an air of understated luxury.
I was very warmly greeted by Jeff & Janine who made me feel right at home.
Captivated by the sweet fragrance of the beautifully manicured gardens, sounds of tranquility, and absolute beauty of the lagoon - I could not have dreamed for more! Staff were exceptional, in particular Lovey.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We were looking for a great honeymoon spot and booked Etu Moana on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews. On the basis of those reviews we had high expectations and we weren't disappointed.

We stayed in villa 7 which, while at the "back"of the property, still had good views of the ocean and we had no problems spotting whales from our verandah one morning!

Everything about the stay was perfect. The villas contained good kitchen facilities including gas cooktop and good sized fridge, so you can self cater if you want. Included in the rate is breakfast each morning and this was of an excellent quality - toast, croissants, fresh fruit, yoghurt, juice, cereal, tea and coffee and all served with a smile, even when it was bucketing down with rain!

The villas also had a TV and DVD player and there was a good DVD library, which came in handy for those tropical downpours. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was good ventilation and full screens throughout which meant there was no need to use the air conditioning unit.

The honesty bar was fantastic. A good range of beers, wines, spirits, juices and soft drinks, and all at reasonable prices. There are excellent kayaks available, loungers on the beach and a great pool which is handy to cool off in.

Jeff and Janine were wonderful hosts. They met us on our arrival with drinking coconuts and then sought to understand what we wanted to do before providing excellent recommendations and making the necessary bookings for us for restaurants and lagoon tours. Not once did their recommendations disappoint.

Dave's coconut show was the best I have seen (and I've seen a few) - the only disappointment for readers of this review is that we were lucky enough to see his last show. We were also treated to a one-off performance by the staff (the "Etu Moana Dance Girls"!) who wanted to farewell Dave in style, much to the delight of all the guests.

All in all a perfect honeymoon and we look forward to returning for our first anniversary!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We just returned from a 2-week stay in the Cook Islands (Aitutaki, Atiu, and Rarotonga). We did a great deal of research prior to leaving for our honeymoon and it was evident from the beginning that Etu Moana was a place that we wanted to visit --

As some of the other reviews have pointed out, there are only 8 bungalows. If you have a preference to which one you will call home, then you need to reserve quite a distance in advance. I was shooting for one of the "absolute beachfronts" but they were booked. In fact, the only opening they had was in #6. We loved this villa.

Here is my run down of Etu Moana:

(1) LOCATION
--> Great location on the west side of Aitutaki. It is located on a beautiful stretch of beach -- very close to the Tamanu Beach Resort.

(2) FOOD
--> Etu Moana includes breakfast in your rate and this is such a great deal -- because many places on Aitutaki do not include breakfast. The menu includes cereal, fresh fruit, toasts, yogurt, coffee, and tea. It is not a huge menu, but it is perfect for a nice morning before you hit the water.

(3) SERVICE
--> Jeff and Janine were great hosts. They greeted us with a coconut drink upon arrival, and we would often run into them on our way in/out. They had great suggestions for things to do and places to eat. The entire Etu Moana staff (Lovey was great!) will go out of their way to help you.

(4) VILLAS
--> Beautiful. You are in the middle of paradise and this villa is your home away from home during your stay. The beds are comfortable. The showers are huge. The bathroom is well appointed.

(5) SUGGESTIONS
--> Island night at Tamanu Beach was fantastic.
--> Don't bother pre-booking snorkel cruises. The Etu Moana staff can arrange everything for you. I would suggest Te King. It was fantastic. We did several tours and this was the best.
--> Rent scooters and explore the island.
--> Hike "the mountain." It takes about 30 minutes, but provides an amazing view of Aitutaki.

Reviewed 6 October 2010

Alright, so I needed to book a place for my honeymoon on Aitutaki. Price wasn't my biggest issue. I wanted a great place to stay right on the beach. So I looked into the Pacific Resort and the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort because they have the highest cost so I thought they'd be the best. After months of research, Etu Moana and their very reasonable rates was clearly not just the best value, the best overall place to stay regardless of money.

Everywhere we went on the island and ran into other travelers they asked, "Where are you staying?" We would tell them Etu Moana and they would always say, "Oh, cool. That's where we wanted to stay but they were all booked." The takeaway here is that according to the hotel, if you want a specific villa for a specific date(s), you should reserve at least 9 months in advance. This place is already super popular and will continue to get even more popular. I reserved our Villa #3 12 months in advance.

Etu Moana has a great location on the island. Right in the middle of everything (not like Aitutaki Lagoon Resort which is on a corner of the island way far away from anything). You can watch the sunsets right from your deck. Snorkeling out in front of the hotel is pretty good as well. The people that work there are the best. So friendly and so very helpful. You can rent a scooter for the day right at the front desk which is super convenient. Not having a restaurant on site was actually a good thing. We cooked in a few nights (saved some $$$) and then explored some of the island food. Having leftovers really helped for a quick and easy lunch in the Villa. And the breakfast they provide is perfect. Plenty to eat. We also liked the size of Etu Moana. Not to big and not too small. It had a very comfortable feel to it. And that's saying a lot for me because my wife and I are hotel snobs. This place is simply the best. There really isn't any reason not to stay here unless, of course, they are full. Book early and I guarantee you will be happy you did.

1  Thank CaliFF