1,019 results
All reviews honesty bar our honeymoon cook islands lagoon cruise absolute beachfront the managers every morning fish beachfront villa yogurt day bed great hosts free bikes pacific resort heaven on earth a special place koru cafe
Reviewed 29 November 2010

7 Days of absolute paradise with superb hosts and the best staff imaginable.
We stayed in Villa #1 and it exceeded our expectations.
Be sure to go on one or two lagoon cruises and if you are a sportsman go bonefishing with Butch Leone.
Thanks to Jim, Joanne and all the staff of Etu Moana.

Reviewed 27 November 2010

I chose this hotel based on reviews I read on Trip Advisor and the prior patrons did not let me down. The staff here was SOO amazing, from the airport transfers to the front desk staff, housekeeping, breakfast staff, the grounds staff, all wonderful people. We were greeted at the airport with fresh 'eis and given a fresh coconut to drink upon arrival at the hotel. The staff would ask me what I was thinking about doing that day and I'd tell them and they'd make all the arrangements and tell me when to be at the front desk for pickup. We took advantage of the free use bicycles the first day and rode into town but it was so hot, we had to stop for some ice cream to cool off! My husband tried out the motorbikes but was not confident in his skills enough to take me to dinner that night. I told JoAnn and she made sure we were not billed for the bike motorbike rental. The staff provided us with a CD of local music which we so appreciated because I wanted something to play with our photos...for the DVD we will make later of our trip. The TV had 3 stations if you count the DVD station. There was a local channel and a movie channel showing some very old John Wayne flick we put on one night to fall asleep. The honesty bar was a nice touch also, my pina colada was $6 at the honesty bar as compared with $18 at Pacific Resort. Breakfast was provided each morning with a selection of breads, jams, yogurt, cereals, and fresh fruit, all sliced. Things I would recommend to do while staying here are: Island Night (not Pacific Resort), Dinner at Tupuna's, definitely a lagoon tour (Teking), and go to church if you are there on Sunday. By the way, don't arrive or leave on Sunday, the locals have a real problem with Sunday flights. Many had signs in there yards protesting Sunday flights! Kayaking in front of the hotel at high tide is a must also, there are all kinds of beautiful coral and fish right in front of this fabulous hotel. Also, the grounds are beautiful, I think I took pictures of every type of flower they grew here. Mynah birds can be quite the beggars, if you're staying in Villa 5, please take care of our birds Heckle and Jeckle!

5  Thank ljmzta
Reviewed 20 November 2010

The beach huts here were fabulous, and great, friendly, helpful staff. Great breakfasts too! Also get free use of bicyles, so easy to head into town for bank/shops/food. My only negative is the charge to use the facilities on the day you leave - I felt you pay so much money to stay there already, complimentary use of a shower and bech towels would have been a welcome addition.

Date of stay: November 2010
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchi78
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Do not even consider staying anywhere else on Aitutaki. Etu Moana is such an amazing little part of the world and the people who work there make you feel like family.
While we were there we made some great friends and spent many mornings and evenings chatting with Jeff and Janine about all kinds of things. Dont plan on walking through reception or waiting for a pick up without one of them or a staff member pulling up a chair for a chat. It is so incredible welcoming and at no time do you ever feel like "Just another guest". They know you by name just as you know all the staff by name.
When I came off my scooter they gave me an icepack to take to the restaurant so I could ice my ankle all night, when we were going on a tour the next day Jeff pulled out his own ankle strapping and gave it to me to wear to try and help it.
I do not even need to comment about the beautiful location, accomodation, breakfast and staff as it has all been said.
We stayed in four places during our 3 week honeymoon both in and out of the Cook Islands and some were far more costly than Etu Moana, but this place was by far our favourite.
We will DEFINATELY return to this place!!!!
I can confidently reccommend this place to EVERYONE, couples on their honeymoon, travellers, retirees etc. We met all kinds of different people from all over the world there and everyone agreed that Etu Moana was just amazing.
Have fun!
Beck and Matt

Date of stay: October 2010
1  Thank BeckFSiro
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Sorry, trip advisor does only have 5 stars, but Etu Moana gets 7 stars from us!!!
All you can read in the other statements, plus
We had a great time and there is so much you cannot see in a folder or internet.
Service is as we never have seen and all the ladies are so Love(l)y with a smile and a nice (small)talk.
Management (Janine&Jeff), staff and the guests are a like a group of friends and you need only some hours to get in and to like it....
Some drinks at the pool-bar and the paradise is not far away....
Etu Moana, the friendly people and the lagoon of Aitutaki! I love it!
Meitaki!