We have just returned from Aitutaki and had the most wonderful time.
We were met by Elaine at the airport for the five minute drive to the resort. Don't be put off that this resort is so close to the airport.
The accommodation is not the best and is somewhat tired and dated but what it lacks in luxury is more than made up by the location and the staff.
The resort is under new management and at the time we stayed a new floor was being put down in the bar and Thomas, the owner, was very apologetic that we had to have our meals out on the beach under the palm trees for one day. Oh dear what a shame!!! Absolutely not, people pay a fortune to do this and we did suggest that he continue to do so but he was not convinced!
The breakfast of beautiful fresh fruit, pancakes and toast was more than adequate.
The menu did not have much choice but what we had was delicious though if you stayed for more than three nights you would be bored with it.
The bbq night was a disappointment as it was not a bbq and all cooked in the kitchen but still good just not what we expected for a bbq and there was no entertainment.
The location is really beautiful and we thought the best on the island. The lagoon is calm and lovely to swim in with lots of fish to be seen.
We did the lagoon cruise with Bishops and I could not speak highly enough of this wonderful day, one of the best days of my life. I thought the Great Barrier Reef was good but this was so much better, Warm, calm water, so many fish, huge calms, turtles and feeding the huge trevally - George with the big lips.
As it was Christmas holiday time all the cars were rented out to locals and so our only option if we wanted to see the island was a moped hired from the Boat Shed down the road. My husband has not been on a motorbike for more than 40 years and after a wobbly start we really enjoyed our day and saw all the island. I would suggest booking a car before you get there if you go at peak times.
A really wonderful stay with some of the friendliest people I have ever met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aitutaki Village is a small boutique resort on Aitutaki in the Cook Islands. Situated on the white sandy beach of Ootu (meaning full moon) on the south western point of the island. The property provides a quiet and relaxing environment on the edge of the protected Aitutaki lagoon, ideal for swimming and water activities at all tides.The Polynesian inspired restaurant and bar has stunning views and is located on the lagoons edge. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is available everyday, we also offer special dinner evenings, lagoon cruises, private island excursions, rental vehicles, kayaks and island tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aitutaki Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samade On The Beach Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Village South Pacific - Cook Islands