We can absolutely recommend these bungalows (---) without a doubt. We were traveling with a child so we had our list off demands.
The day we arrived (may, 2006) we were picked up from the airport free of charge, by Solo. Solo and his wife are the owners of this three bungalows. A very nice and ‘especially’ helpful couple. The bungalows are about a ten-minute drive from the airport and located on a virtually private beach. You are just far enough from the airport to not to be bothered by it. The bungalows are more than we hoped for. They are quite new, modern, ‘clean’ and with ‘fully’ equipped kitchens. As a lover for cooking the kitchen did fulfill more of my wishes. Everything you need in a temporary house was there. The only thing we missed was a telephone for emergencies. The bungalows are far from town so it is very handy to rent a pushbike, scooter or car. Solo is always helpful to arrange one for you. The only things that are close by is the local disco where everybody can be found on a Friday night and there is Puffy’s with a restaurant also on walking distance.
The bungalow has a amazing view with the most beautiful sunset that we have ever seen. Sitting in you hammock you can enjoy the peace and quietness. Because there are only three bungalows you have to be lucky to have great neighbors (we did). The reef in front of the bungalows is worth while checking out. With your kayak and snorkel set that are included with the bungalow, you can go out for hours.
Another thing that we found also special, that at the time we stayed there the price includes a great island night and island tour. Ask to go with older catamaran, but on the day that Bishop cruises goes out as well, because they are the only ones to have the key for the post office on one-foot island. Bishop cruises was the first to organize these tours so that don’t feel like they have to entertain you any more. The other one takes you to far more interesting islands and has great entertainers on board!
If you are a scuba diver, we went with Bubbles Below (---); they took us to two great diving spots. They have a small boat with good diving equipment. Friendly owner! By the way this was also arranged by Solo.
If you go to Aitutaki don’t forget to pack a ‘good’ sun block and mosquito repellent. The mosquitoes here are very thirsty/ agressive!! And of course bring you good humor and just sit back and enjoy.
Thank you for making our stay so great!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AITUTAKI SEASIDE: Aitutaki Seaside is an accommodation made up of three absolute beachfront bungalows situated in a private setting on the north western side of Aitutaki. They are self catering, self servicing bungalows that are equipped with all of the essentials required to cater for your stay. As all three bungalows are ABSOLUTE BEACHFRONT they have excellent views to the lagoon straight from your veranda and being situated on the western side of the Island they all look out to the sunset side of the Island. From your bungalow walk on the white sandy beach and within seconds dip your toes in the stunning Turquoise lagoon. You will be greeted at the Airport and the managers will meet you at Aitutaki Seaside Lodges to welcome you and provide a brief orientation. Return airport transfers can be arranged. Please note a surcharge may apply. please contact us to request airport transfers. Each Bungalow has a simple open plan design with kitchenette and en-suite. They are fully insect screened and have air conditioning. There is a phone available to all guests in the guest laundry which will allow for making local calls to assist in booking restaurants, lagoon tours, rental vehicles and also to contact the managers if required. BBQ facilities are available for guests use. There is a wifi hotspot available from your room. Please note surcharges apply. Aitutaki Seaside provides good value and we are sue they will cater well to your stay in Aitutaki. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Aitutaki Seaside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Seaside Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Seaside South Pacific - Cook Islands