Popoara Ocean Breeze Villas
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Aitutaki
See available hotels
Rino's Motel(Aitutaki)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Tamanu Beach(Aitutaki)
Etu Moana(Aitutaki)
Aitutaki Escape(Aitutaki)
  • Pool
All reviewsboat shedair conditioninglaid backboatshedtoasteramenitiesfridgeislandaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We were disappointed with our stay at this property.
The staff member that met us at the airport was not friendly at all, almost grumpy.
Although he did tell us how to book a tour we requested, a telephone message was not given to us until 10pm at night even though tour company had rang at 7pm to speak to us(we were in our unit) and this almost resulted in us missing out on the excursion the next day.
The room cleaners were absolutely great, even doing our washing for us on one occasion and not wanting to accept any thank you payment.
When we complained that our unit had no hot water at all for the whole of our stay, we were listened to but offered no apology or indication that it would be fixed at all.We are very flexible but having to boil the jug so my husband could shave should not be an option when staying here. The other units did have solar panels working but not ours!
The owner did also make a good impression on us when we went into the restaurant to speak to him at 10am in the morning and he was sitting drinking beer with another local.This is not a good look, also he did not actually introduce himself at all to us when we meet him for the first time.The staff member said he was her boss!
The local staff were very helpful and friendly but the owner and his offsider did not give the service and hospitality that a property promoted by Air New Zealand should be involved with.
We would never stay there again or recommend it to anyone although the location is great and it could be a such a gem!
We loved Aitutaki and highly recommend Teking for the day island tour.The lagoon was everything we hoped for and the local people so friendly and helpful.
There is still alot of damage from the Feb cyclone and the local pre schools really appreciated the childern's books we gave them. One school, the SDA still has no building and lost completely everything.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vandra12
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This review thing is quite new to me , but I was browsing the net and saw reviews for Popoara resort. My husband and myself have stayed there on three different occasions, starting in 2007 and also in 2008 and 2009. The owners Allen and Maria made our vacation!! Nothing was too much trouble, from finding us a coffee press for our room to baking a birthday cake for my husbands 50th. We especially liked the Boatshed resturant for intimate evening meals. If you are travelling alone or with a partner this is an ideal setting.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Aitutaki is an amazing island and highly recommended. My main intention was to catch the monster Bonefish that inhabit the island. My first night I found myself at the Boat Shed restaurant and Bar meeting fellow fishermen and some local islanders. I ended up there almost every night after that. The owners Allen and Maria were super friendly and the food was great!! They also own the Popoara Ocean Breeze Villas wich is basically joined to the boat club. After a week at another place I moved into Popoara for my remaining stay of 3 nights...and I wish I would have been there the whole time. I was literally minutes form flats holding bonefish and my favorite place to relax and meet people. They supply Kayaks allowing you to access all of the lagoon and it's offerings. I spent a couple days with local guide Butch Leone and he showed me the ropes of the flats there. I fished most of the flats but the most productive was the closest one to me which was really nice. I highly recomend this place. Very clead friendly and attentive service. Two thumbs up. And for the avid fly fisherman this is THE place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank walsy
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I have never written a review before , but I happened to be surfing around and saw a poor review of this resort. It just goes to show that there is no pleasing some people. I have stayed at Popoara three years in a row, I know the island very well at this point and can say with confidence that this is a great place to stay . The rooms are separate bungalows, clean, neat and with every appliance anyone would need. The property boast the " Boatshed " the best bar and resturant on the island. One great feature is that rooms come with breakfast already in the fridge. Cereal, milk , juice, bread, condiments, and coffee are already in the fridge when you arrive. A god send after what for us is an extremely long journey. The owners Allen and Maria will go to any lenghts to make sure that you have everythiing you need to make your stay all that it should be.
Robert Balena Huntsville, Ontario rbalena@cogeco.ca

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ropati
Reviewed 18 December 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful week at Popoara Ocean Breeze Villas after My mother passed away. This was the perfect medicine. It was a very quiet relaxing pretty environment with a very short stroll to the beach, the views were magic with the background of waves coming over the atoll. The villas were very comfortable with everything you could ever need or want. Beds very comfortable, the shower just like home. The kitchen had all that was needed for preparing food or use the local eating facilities. Cars, Motorcycles are available for reasonable prices and canoes available from the restaurant.The staff were very friendly and I found could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable.
C. Griffith

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)