Every single detail of this wonderful place is taken care of: The lovely huts are quite basic, but spotlessly clean, with a kitchenette and private open-air shower. Even cold drinking water awaits you (plus there's free filtered drinking water available any time). The soft sand of the beach - 10 meters from your hut! - is cleaned every morning. Snorkel from one meter off the beach or relax in a floatie, in the hammock or a sun chair on the beach.
If you wish, join the fun pot-luck dinners on the beach once a week (stunning sun-sets included) followed by cosy chatting and singing around the fire.
Lagoon cruises for snorkelling & islands visits are FANTASTIC - we've been 10 times within our 15 days stay: extremely friendly and warm atmosphere, great lunch and incredible snorkelling.
Best part of all: the hosts Tracey and Trevor... They're just the most georgeous people you could stay with, always concerned with how to make your stay even more enjoyable. They go the extra 1000 miles! Thank you guys - never has the saying "come as guests, leave as friends" been more true... You're friends for life for us and we defenitely hope to come back one day!
Ps: owners have changed recently - anything in Tripadvisor older than February 2013 does not aply anymore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet budget rustic self contained absolute beachfront huts on the nicest natural snorkeling and swimming beach on beautiful Aitutaki, Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Matriki Beach Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matriki Beach Huts Hotel Aitutaki
- Matriki Beach Huts Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands