Matriki is one of the very few places I have visited which just does everything right. The lovely little beach bungalows are so clean and comfortable, yet so simple. The views in the morning over the lagoon are lovely. Trevor and Tracy are great hosts - it felt more like visiting friends more than anything.
Highlight was definitely going on Trevor's lagoon cruise, twice in fact with my brother. The snorkelling spots he took us too were brilliant, and it was so nice being the only people there. Lunch in tropical paradise was also outstanding, freshly prepared beforehand by Trevor and Tracy. Thoroughly recommend going with Trevor on the lagoon as he takes you to places that other's may not.
Would love to go again. It's a breath of fresh air to stay at a place like this. Hope Aitutaki stays beautiful and doesn't get too commercialised, it's perfect as it is, and Matriki fits in with this so well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet budget rustic self contained absolute beachfront huts on the nicest natural snorkeling and swimming beach on beautiful Aitutaki, Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Matriki Beach Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matriki Beach Huts Hotel Aitutaki
- Matriki Beach Huts Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands