Lovely location but bad experience with manager. I booked the double-level beach hut for my family 6 months in advance and put down 50% deposit as required. 2 wks before arriving, unforeseen circumstances meant family couldn't come. Told manager that I was happy to downsize accommodation just for myself if someone else wanted the other room/level (which might make it cheaper for me) as I was attending a health conference on the island. My email was misread and I got a long-winded angry reply. The short story is: it was too short notice and couldn't possibly fill the room in that time. I said don't worry I will pay the full booking which I did. However, the tone and wording of the reply put a bad taste was in my mouth already. To add insult to injury, they then rented out the room for 6 of the 7 days that I had already paid for. No offer of a refund. Just accepted my extra $625 as a bonus I guess. It's very unfortunate because I liked the location but I wont be going back... it'd be too awkward, as it was the whole time I was there. The managers were friendly enough but I felt ripped off and was gob smacked that they didn't offer me a refund of any kind for filling the downstairs room I had already paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet budget rustic self contained absolute beachfront huts on the nicest natural snorkeling and swimming beach on beautiful Aitutaki, Cook Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Matriki Beach Huts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matriki Beach Huts Hotel Aitutaki
- Matriki Beach Huts Aitutaki, South Pacific - Cook Islands