“Great Family Fishing Trip”

Alaska River Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With over 30 years guiding in Alaska, we’ve guided thousands to Alaska's best spots... a few at a time.Rare permits let us fish in the National Wildlife Refuge where the best fishing and wildlife viewing is found. All of our guides are well seasoned old pros and we provide top quality equipment. Choose from lots of options – everything from half day fishing to week long all inclusive lodge packages and Wilderness River Expeditions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Austin, TX
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Family Fishing Trip”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family went fishing with Gary in early July. We started at their office and were outfitted with nice waders for all and floatation vests for our girls (10 and 12yrs old). We drove to a lake that connected to the Kenai River where the fish were. It was early in the Sockeye run. We are not experienced at fishing. Gary was patient and positive with us. He explained to us what we should be feeling and made us laugh at the rock "fish" we caught. We ended up catching 11 fish, with almost 50lbs in Salmon to ship home. He fileted them near the boat and explained the anatomy of the Salmon to the girls. Overall a great Alaskan fishing experience.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank elisakiss

Anchorage, Alaska
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Always Been Satisfied”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've taken at least a half a dozen or more trips with Alaska River Adventures over the past four years. In many cases I have brought friends along because I am confident that there is a high probability that they will enjoy an excellent day of salmon and trout fishing. Although on one trip I didn't get to keep any of the salmon I caught, on the other trips I've come home with my limit of Sockeye and Coho. I've fished with Gary a number of times and have found him to be one of the most knowledgeable guides on the river (and perhaps the most colorful). Sockeye fishing can be a challenge in that it requires a unique approach that requires some mastery. Even most beginners can catch on in a couple of hours at the most but particularly first time visitors may struggle. The person that wrote the review complaining about floating past the "combat fishing" to go to spots only the guide knows due to his years on the river should have been complimenting the guide as it's those spots that only you are privileged to fish in that manner because only the guide knows where they are. More recently I've fished with Ty whose always put me on fish and coached me to properly hook and land them. A trip with Alaska River Adventures lacks for nothing except it's bring your own lunch but then when you're having that much fun, who can stop to eat? Finally, remember, they take you fishing with comfortable equipment in one of the most productive rivers in the country. The catching is up to you. Have fun!
Warren C.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Warren C
florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Beautiful day”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

George was very professional through the booking process when I made reservations 2 weeks prior to our visit. Once we arrived, we were outfitted with waterproof gear and the staff was very helpful. Our float guide, Neal, was very informative and friendly. We had absolutely perfect weather and saw several eagles (alas, no bears.:). Only wish we had more time to return and try the fishing, too!

Lenoir
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really good trip down the river!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Our guide, Gary,was awesome! He worked so hard and genuinely wanted everyone to have a good time/ catch a fish. I could not get over how he rowed and maneuvered that boat. He was also very patient. I have fished only rarely in my life so I was a real novice to this. Gary showed me how to cast my fishing pole a dozen times or more but was also so polite and never gave up on me. I would definitely do this tour agaim!

Visited June 2014
Social Circle, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You can trust these folks to treat you right --”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My buddy and I took our two sons to Alaska for their senior trip after graduating from High School. We had never been to Alaska but had always wanted to go and experience several different types of activities. George, the guides and his folks at Alaska River Adventures not only suggested great ideas, but executed our trip flawlessly. The communication before, during and even after our trip was very timely, professional yet it was not sterile or transactional -- very personable and customized for what we needed - when we needed it. Even the other businesses that George connected us with were as professional and helpful as he was. He set everything up for us -- We did everything from Salmon fishing on the Kenai River to a cruise in the Kenai Fjords to see wildlife and Glaciers. When we go back, we will use George and Alaska River Adventures again to plan
our trip. 5 stars out of 5 -- memory making at its best!

Visited June 2014