“Remarkable Views...Warm Welcome!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Alaska Heavenly Lodge
Plainview, Texas
“Remarkable Views...Warm Welcome!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I were headed for 7 days backpacking thru Chugach and stayed at Alaska Heavenly Lodge prior to our backcountry adventure...this wonderful place nearly made me change my mind and stay in civilization!! The views from every part of the property are awe inspiring. Katy was delightful...and we felt like family. We loved the kitchen facilities and the bed was dreamy!
We will spend many nights remembering our wonderful time at Alaska Heavenly Lodge!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay during our trip. Brian and Katy were wonderful both before and during our stay. The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty of dry wood for the fire.

Note: The website isn't entirely clear on what your choices are. Basically, you can rent as separate cabins or just rooms. Consider flexing your budget to rent the main lodge--it is the only one with with a fireplace and full kitchen. Mt Cecil is beautiful, but only has a small area for eating and no living room.

Brian had wonderful suggestion for hikes and every time he said we would see something, we did. They even shared their salmon with us when we found out we couldn't buy fish!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Driving to Cooper Canyon from an Alaskan cruise we were pleasantly surprised how restful this bit of heaven is. The Mt. Cecil cabin was so spacious and comfortable. The location was indescribably scenic and unforgettable, so fresh. Brian arranged a perfect fishing trip even though weather and river were not so favorable. We are tried and true fishermen and enjoyed the all day trip down the Kenai River--so beautiful. Saw 27 bald eagles! Enjoyed the amenities of the recreational "honeymoon" cabin and the local eateries which were recommended. This was so much more an Alaskan experience than the standard 7 day cruise!

Room Tip: 2nd floor Mt. Cecil cabin room might give trouble to those who cannot climb stairs well.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My elderly father and I stayed at the Alaska Heavenly Lodge in early June. All I can say is WOW to the accomodations and a double WOW to the setting of the cabins. Katy was extremely helpful with my reservations and Brian made sure we had everything we needed and he even called ahead to a restaurant to make sure it was open. I told Brian that I want to plan a trip to Alaska Heavenly Lodge and bring my wife and kids next time.

Castle Shannon, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We only had time for a one night stay but Katy and Brian were outstanding hosts. Katy was really helpful with advice about where to eat.

The property is absolutely beautiful and they even had a nice hiking trail to walk. We kept a close eye out for bear and moose but a mother moose and calf can into the front yard while we were hiking up near the mountain. Katy even called me on my cell to let me know about the moose so we could be on the look out. The views are spectacular the accommodations are great. I only wish we could have had more time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dover, Ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Katy and Brian have a wonderful property nestled in the mountains. Our room was comfortable and a nice size. My family enjoyed the views of the mountains, along with the hot tub that sits in the woods with a view of the mountains. We also enjoyed the recreation lodge with billiard table, sauna, and movie room.

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I spent last last weekend at this beautiful lodge with friends. The lodge is spacious , comfortable and clean. We made great meals in the well equipped kitchen and enjoyed eating at the huge table warmed by the the grand fireplace. The views of the mountains are spectacular from the deck or the hot tub and even better if you go snowshoeing, hiking or skiing on the trails. What a wonderful place to relax. The friendly staff go out of their way to make your stay memorable. I have lived in Alaska almost 30 years and was glad to find this jewel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Inn at Tern Lake
Inn at Tern Lake
#1 of 3 in Moose Pass
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat

Been to Alaska Heavenly Lodge? Share your experiences!