“Best Guided Fishing Experience Hands Down!”

Alaska Troutfitters
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want a vacation filled with great fishing and beautiful scenery, you must come see us here in Cooper Landing. We offer comfortable lodging, a fly shop stocked with everything you need to fly fish the area waters, and trophy Rainbow Trout, Dolly Varden, King, Red, and Silver Salmon fishing with experienced fly fishing guides. We offer hike-in fishing trips as well as half day and full day guided drift boat trips. Started in 1984 by the Legendary Curt Trout Muse, Alaska Troutfitters has been laying down drifts on the Kenai River and its tributaries for over 25 years. Owned and operated by true diehard anglers, Alaska Troutfitters is your definitive source for discovering what truly lies beneath the depths of the Kenai River. Whether you are a full blown beginner or a seasoned master, Alaska Troutfitters will take your Trout and Salmon fishing to the next level.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The experience I had with ATF was amazing! Top of the line rods and fishing equipment, the guides have great personalities and the surrounding area on the Kenai River is beautiful. I learned that the owners have been fishing the river for a long time, which resulted in the guides putting us on a lot of fish and they know the river in and out.

Alaska Trout Fitters not only provided the fishing experience of a life time, but amazing lodging accommodations as well! We stayed in a great cabin they have right on the river with a kitchen, outdoor seating/ fire pit, and daily housekeeping.

I'm definitely going to be fishing the Kenai River again and it'll be with Alaska Trout Fitters!

All reviews
"look forward"
"float trip"
"these guys"

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a wonderful day fishing with George. He has great enthusiam and works extremely hard for his clients. We caught a TON of fish, including some big ones. Would definitely recommend fishing with George to anyone visiting the Kenai.

1  Thank JohnS9815
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from our third trip of a lifetime in Alaska! We did a drift trip on the Kenai with Alaska Trout Fitters! We were trout fishing and Dusty was our guide. It was a very rewarding trip we caught several nice rainbows and dollies. Dusty was fun to fish with, very attentive, provided instruction when needed but let us fish and enjoy ourselves. They provided first class equipment on the trip. We are already planning our trip and our first call will be to Alaska Trout Fitters.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We went on an 8 hr trip with George. My husband and I were not very good a casting (we are bass fishers), but George tried his hardest and we finally we able to do pretty fair. We were a little too early for the sockeye run so we mostly fished trout. Both types of fishing are quite a bit of work, so I eventually sat out a bit at the end, but it was the good kind of sore arm. I managed to get one trout on the boat and George was great at letting me get a picture with the fish before releasing it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just returned from our half day walk on trout fishing trip with our guide Pat. My husband and I have never fly fished. We got a great casting lesson. Caught four rainbow trout, two Dolly Varden, and a few accidental salmon. We saw bald eagle and other birds. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the area and took us on a nice journey through the river. We were spotting big rainbows and giving it our all. Perfect day on the river. Our rented gear was in perfect shape down to the waiters. Thank you Pat.