“Great Views”
Review of Drifter's Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Drifter's Lodge
Leesburg, Florida
“Great Views”
Reviewed 28 May 2010

We stayed here for two days in late May. I booked it on line. I paid everthing in advance including the fishing trip. I was told that they would take us fishing at 5:30 am. Come to find out they told us to met them 1.5 hrs away for the fishing trip at 5:30! When I complained that I did not sign up for this, he changed the plans and we meet our guide at 8 am at the ramp. Then we had to follow him back to the drop off point and come back to the ramp! Our fishing trip started at 8:30 , nice guy, Andy was our guide, very relaxing day and caught a nice 10 lb salmon. We decided to leave at 1:00 pm, it was cloudy and no fish were biting. The price tag for the two of us for a 1/2 day of fishing was $300.00 I think this was overpriced! Plus the $110.00 for lic and stamps. I was disapointed that they had us drive 1.5 hrs each way for this trip...This was not told to us up front. I spoke to another women that day and she said the same thing! Very misleading, to say the least.

The room was small, but had a fridge, stove top, and microwave. The furnishing were worn and the bed was so soft I kept sinking to the middle!

The view was nice and the sauna very realaxing. I had to ask the second night to get the campfire going...they advertise every night at 6 pm it will be lite. Well the first night I let it go, but the second night at 7 pm I decided I really wanted to sit by the fire along the lake. I called Bob and he had it doen for us. No tv, but they offer many movies to take to your room for private viewing.

Don't arrive early we got there at noon and were told to come back at 3!
It appeared that no one else was at the site! I truely did not get this. So we drove an hr to have lunch and came back only to be told we would have to furnish our own drinks and lunch and the nearest grocery store is an hr away!!!!
OMG, they should have told us that when we left for lunch, now we had to get back into our car and drive again an hr to get lunch and breakfast for the next day.
All in all I would hesitate to recommend this location and lodge.
I felt they were not up front with what our part and cost was in the fishing trip. The lodge is as it is detailed on the web site.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelby S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami, FL
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Our group stayed at the Kenai River Drivers Lodge and had the most wonderful time.
The cabins were well supplied, clean and very attractive. Picturesqe against the river with the mountains in the background. The eagles were abundant and even setting in neaby trees. We booked two fishing trips from here and caught our limit each time. Each trip went to different areas so we were able to see more of the great wilderness. Three moose even crossed the river right in front of us!!! AMAZING. Next time, we are going to do the float trip!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed at the Drifters Lodge for 2 nights in mid September, with 1 day of fishing. The setting at Copper Landing is truly beautiful, awe-inspiring, and we loved our little lodge (number 2), which had some kitchen facilities, a fridge for the pop & beers, and a snug sleeping area upstairs. We weren't there for opulence or luxury - just to take in the Alaskan scenery and catch some fish (awesome). Thanks so much Bob, and our fishing guide too. You'll find a few stores locally that have what you need, and try a great restaurant called the Kingfisher Roadhouse. Nice.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed at the cabin right in front of the river. It was a great cabin, yet overpriced. The service was good and the House Mom was welcoming and accomodating...the breakfast amazing. We relaxed at the cabin and enjoyed the scenery. Just know that the nearest grocery store is pricey and has little selection and there are no good restuarants in the immediate area....so plan ahead!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marlag26
Orange Park, Fl
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We stayed here July 9-13, 2009. What a beautiful and relaxing place with friendly, helpful people! Our cabin was clean, roomy for the 4 of us, beautiful view from the bedroom, great breakfast and interesting conversation with Carol. We loved sitting around the fire talking with Wendell about life in Alaska. We took a float trip with Kevin and a full day of fishing with Jefferson. It was an amazing day of wildlife (5 bears, moose, eagles up close, sockeyes in the water) and of fishing (14 trout on rigs, 1 on fly rod) .Jefferson was a great teacher and guide and fun to spend the day with. We hiked the Russian River Falls trail to see the salmon jumping. Even though we were there between runs there wre still alot of salmon. We borrowed bear spray from the lodge but didn't see any bears on the trail. The Kingfisher restuarant was delicious. We ate there twice. The Sun Rise Cafe was good also, great breakfast and buffalo chili. Princess Lodge bar food was ok at best. Everything about our stay at Drifters Lodge was perfect. We are so glad we didn't do the cruise in Alaska. I am sure it is beautiful but you can't really see Alaska by boat with people from all over the world as the staff. You experience Alaska through the people who live there. We will make other trips to Alaska and see our friends at the Drifters Lodge again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Brush Pririe, WA.
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I recently returned from my second visit to Drifters Lodge and this place is fantastic. The owners Bob and Frank are the greatest hosts you can have. They both cater to your every need to make your stay there exceptional. The cabins are very clean,the location on the Kenai river is incredible. This is the place to go for for a great vacation and fishing experience. By the way if you are going there to fish ask Bob or Frank to hook you up with Jefferson he's the best.

• Liked — Location and clean.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco
Reviewed 25 August 2008

With only a few days to plan my trip to Alaska and absolutely no previous knowledge of the state, I did a quick bit of research online and came across the Drifter's Lodge. With not much time to dedicate to planning, I made a call to Frank, one of the owners, and threw all of my eggs into one basket and decided to spend my entire trip in Cooper Landing. It might have been a bit risky but it paid off as Frank, Bob and the Drifter's crew gave me exactly the vacation I was looking for. The property is beautiful and Frank and Bob made sure that anything and everything we needed was taken care of. The cabins are very versatile and the grounds are beautifully maintained...and as I looked around at some of the other local lodges, this is often not the case. Frank and Bob are quick to make any and all arrangements for fishing, bear viewing, tours, etc. and in every case, they were spot on with their recommendations. Their fishing guides are among the best in the area as well. When my friends got the flu and left a day early, Frank and Bob made sure that I had plenty to do and even had one of their staff members, a good guy named Chuck, take me down the river for some fishing. If these guys opened a lodge anywhere in the world, I would go. They are that good. If you want the Four Seasons, go to San Francisco. But if you want to go to Alaska, Drifter's is the real deal.

Stayed August 2008
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
Inn at Tern Lake
Inn at Tern Lake
#1 of 3 in Moose Pass

Been to Drifter's Lodge? Share your experiences!