“Outstanding Customer Service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me first be clear... I did not actually stay at the hotel. I tried making a reservation through the website thinking I was making a reservation at the Cooper Landing property. Unfortunately, I was actually directed to the website for their Glenn Allen location! Two days before our trip to Cooper Landing, I identified the problem. I called the customer service line and explained my situation. I was given a full refund. This type of customer service is the kind of thing that ensures customers come back. I will surely keep this hotel on my list of places to book some day.

I did visit the lodge during my stay in Cooper Landing and the setting is beautiful. One of my favorite things is the fact they have trails all the way down to the Kenai river and amazing views of the river from the balcony near the restaurant. We had lunch and brunch on two separate occasions at the restaurant and if the views don't get you, the food certainly will. I recommend a visit to this lodge even if you are not staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alliejay76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
West Branch, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed two nights on the land portion of our cruise. The hotel was wonderful. Our room was spacious with a wood burning stove. Tastefully decorated with everything that was needed for a wonderful stay. Restaurant was excellent as was the bar area which offered similar fare for less dollars. Service was excellent. The grounds were nice to walk in and the hike to the river was memorable but would have been better without the bugs but that is nothing the hotel could control.

Room Tip: I think all of their rooms except in the lodge are similar. Some are a longer walk to the main lodg...
1 Thank David S
Janesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Did not stay at the resort, but ate in the restaurant so only rating on that.
The view from our table was amazing overlooking the Kenai River. They also have a very nice large deck you can sit out on to eat & drink. Have a telescope on the deck.
We both had steaks for dinner which were very good.
The service was excellent.
As everywhere in AK the food was expensive.

Room Tip: Did not stay at resort, just ate in restaurant so only rating on that.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here 2 nights on our land portion of cruise. Great setting!!! Our room had pation and wood burning stove. Very peaceful setting. Took walks around the property. Lodge was an inviting place, and back deck was very inviting. All the personal were very helpful and friendly.

Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Best of the Princess lodges. Spacious and peaceful with a much needed wood burner. The food too was outstanding so much better than the bland fare on the cruise ship and in the other lodges. Set in lovely countryside not unlike our lake district with easy woodland walks on site

Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was the best by far of all the Princess Lodges, staff, rooms and scenery were all amazing, loved everything about this lodge, food was great in a lovely setting.The deck out the back was a great place to sit and have a drink or a meal. Great little gift shop as well.Loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marye60
Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

The view from the lodge is OK, (I was in building 15) but nothing like Wow or Amazing! Experienced very poor customer service in restaurant. When the waiter was back with drinks, requested to change the salad entree (he didn't even bring the appetizer that time), he gave me a strange look & responded that he already put the order. I could argue, but I was on vacation & didn't want to make it a big deal. I had the salad I ordered. The service was not fast too. They have mosquitos in the room, but no mosquito spray or net on the bed. I did not find the front desk service very professional, staffs definitely need training. The service does not match with the price, it could be better.

• Stayed May 2013
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
The Alpine Motel
The Alpine Motel
#1 of 3 in Cooper Landing

Been to Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!