Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Sunrise Inn(Cooper Landing)
View Hotel
The Alpine Motel(Cooper Landing)
Jana House(Sterling)
View Hotel
Trail Lake Lodge(Moose Pass)
Soldotna Inn(Soldotna)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewswood burning stoverv parkgift shopthe rivertour deskland portionsitting areacruise tourhot tubmain buildingrooms are hugenice traillarge areanice propertywalked downnice bathroomoutside porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent 3 nights here and thought it was beautiful and so relaxing!! It is a bit out of the way, so be sure to rent a car if you want to get out and about! We ate most of our meals there and the food and view were both amazing!! The rooms are so cozy! We loved the fireplaces in the room! We were with 2 other couples and every evening we would sit out on the patios with wine and just marvel at how peaceful and relaxing this place was!!! No hustle and bustle!! We took advantage of the day long raft trip and the all day fishing trip offered through them. Both were wonderful! The company they used that day was Alaska River Company! I would strongly recommend that company!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank janehag
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me first be clear... I did not actually stay at the hotel. I tried making a reservation through the website thinking I was making a reservation at the Cooper Landing property. Unfortunately, I was actually directed to the website for their Glenn Allen location! Two days before our trip to Cooper Landing, I identified the problem. I called the customer service line and explained my situation. I was given a full refund. This type of customer service is the kind of thing that ensures customers come back. I will surely keep this hotel on my list of places to book some day.

I did visit the lodge during my stay in Cooper Landing and the setting is beautiful. One of my favorite things is the fact they have trails all the way down to the Kenai river and amazing views of the river from the balcony near the restaurant. We had lunch and brunch on two separate occasions at the restaurant and if the views don't get you, the food certainly will. I recommend a visit to this lodge even if you are not staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alliejay76
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed two nights on the land portion of our cruise. The hotel was wonderful. Our room was spacious with a wood burning stove. Tastefully decorated with everything that was needed for a wonderful stay. Restaurant was excellent as was the bar area which offered similar fare for less dollars. Service was excellent. The grounds were nice to walk in and the hike to the river was memorable but would have been better without the bugs but that is nothing the hotel could control.

Room Tip: I think all of their rooms except in the lodge are similar. Some are a longer walk to the main lodge.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Did not stay at the resort, but ate in the restaurant so only rating on that.
The view from our table was amazing overlooking the Kenai River. They also have a very nice large deck you can sit out on to eat & drink. Have a telescope on the deck.
We both had steaks for dinner which were very good.
The service was excellent.
As everywhere in AK the food was expensive.

Room Tip: Did not stay at resort, just ate in restaurant so only rating on that.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here 2 nights on our land portion of cruise. Great setting!!! Our room had pation and wood burning stove. Very peaceful setting. Took walks around the property. Lodge was an inviting place, and back deck was very inviting. All the personal were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple