“Cook Island Dive Magic!!”
Review of Cook Island Divers - CLOSED

Cook Island Divers
Reviewed 20 June 2014

On arrival in the Cook Islands, I scoped out Cook Island Divers following the reviews on Trip Advisor. Having hired a scooter, I followed the sign off the main loop road to Cook Island Divers. There we met Greg, the owner who has immense diving experience and after a chat we booked in for a dive the next day with Ian. Was such an awesome day, with only 2 of us on the boat, we did 2 dives. The first being the spectacular Arbuthnotts, with an extreme drop off, 4 or 5 sharks and an abundance of fish. The second Mataora, was a really cool wreck. Visibility on both was 30m. Ian was a great guide with an easy going nature. There were no other boats or divers on these spots, and I agree with what other reviewers have posted, that the other companies seem to just take divers out the front of the Harbour, where they are on top of each other. If you want a unique experience choose Cook Island Divers, as they make the effort to give you a great experience. We also met Nga, the Dive Master and although we didnt dive with him, we had a great chat. Oh, and you shouldn't say no to Greg's home brew if offered, it's not too bad ;).

2  Thank Belinda C

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great intro dive over wreck with informative marine biologist, very helpful with 3 staff for just 2 of us so never felt rushed so a very relaxing dive.

2  Thank Vicki O
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just back from an awesome double dive with Cook Island Divers. Had a refresher in the pool with Ian the day before and immediately decided to book for a dive off the coast. Nga was our dive master for the day - he immediately set the scene with his friendly confident and calm approach to the day ahead. We were taken further round the coast (other operators were seen to dive just outside the Harbour entrance) to one of Nga's favourite spots and my two hopes for the day were immediately fulfilled with sharks and turtles spotted on our first dive.
A break between dives with a coffee and some friendly chat about Nga's background growing up in the northern Cooks then we embarked on our second dive. I am an experienced diver but with a young family I haven't dived so much in recent years. Nga kept a good eye on me and made sure we had a safe, relaxing and rewarding couple of dives. I will be bringing my 16 year old daughter back next year to do her dive qual and share the amazing experience of diving in paradise. Thanks CI Divers, owner Greg and especially dive master Nga and my dive buddy Greg S for a most memorable day. Blown away!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Just got home from Rarotonga and Cook Island divers was our favorite part! Neither of us had dived before and we both loved it. Guide was awesome

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just arrived back home from five weeks in Rarotonga. Three of the weeks were a family reunion.
One of our sons got "Introduction To Scuba" as a Christmas gift. What a wonderful feeling it was to dive with our son.
Nana's calm instructions made our son love Scuba.
We saw Lion Fish, Nurse Sharks, plus hundreds of other colorful fish.
My husband and I now have 24 dives under our belt and love the sport.
Thank you Nga, Ian and Greg for a great time.