“The best Diving in the Cook Islands” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cook Island Divers - CLOSED

Cook Island Divers
Papamoa Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The best Diving in the Cook Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

These guys Rock!
Their philosophy is great they want divers to have the best possible dive experience...end of story.
If you want a crowded dive where the operator just wants your money then go somewhere else!
We first met Nana and Grant at the Sunset Resort where they were doing free pool dives. They introduced my 14 year old daughter to diving and she was keen to do an introductory dive.
The next day Nana took both my daughters through the basics of diving in the morning followed by a shallow reef dive in the afternoon, We had two dive masters (Ian and Nana) take our family for. A 30 minute dive, it was my daughters first ever diving experience and it was a blast. The guys went out of their way to ensure we were safe ands comfortable at all times. They are a laid back bunch but don't cut any corners. The gear was first class and they were not worried that there were moly 4 divers, they had 2 crew plus Grant back at shore to help us in and out of the boat.
Ian also recorded our dive with their underwater camera so we have some great family memories.
Thanks guys you are a great team and it you were great value for money. I can highly recommend these guys for first time divers or experienced divers wanting to see the best Raro has to offer"
The are only small so make sure you book in advance.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Morrie61

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cook Island Dive Magic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

On arrival in the Cook Islands, I scoped out Cook Island Divers following the reviews on Trip Advisor. Having hired a scooter, I followed the sign off the main loop road to Cook Island Divers. There we met Greg, the owner who has immense diving experience and after a chat we booked in for a dive the next day with Ian. Was such an awesome day, with only 2 of us on the boat, we did 2 dives. The first being the spectacular Arbuthnotts, with an extreme drop off, 4 or 5 sharks and an abundance of fish. The second Mataora, was a really cool wreck. Visibility on both was 30m. Ian was a great guide with an easy going nature. There were no other boats or divers on these spots, and I agree with what other reviewers have posted, that the other companies seem to just take divers out the front of the Harbour, where they are on top of each other. If you want a unique experience choose Cook Island Divers, as they make the effort to give you a great experience. We also met Nga, the Dive Master and although we didnt dive with him, we had a great chat. Oh, and you shouldn't say no to Greg's home brew if offered, it's not too bad ;).

Visited June 2014
2 Thank itchyfeet025
Busselton, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pacific Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great intro dive over wreck with informative marine biologist, very helpful with 3 staff for just 2 of us so never felt rushed so a very relaxing dive.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Vicki O
North Shore City, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blown away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just back from an awesome double dive with Cook Island Divers. Had a refresher in the pool with Ian the day before and immediately decided to book for a dive off the coast. Nga was our dive master for the day - he immediately set the scene with his friendly confident and calm approach to the day ahead. We were taken further round the coast (other operators were seen to dive just outside the Harbour entrance) to one of Nga's favourite spots and my two hopes for the day were immediately fulfilled with sharks and turtles spotted on our first dive.
A break between dives with a coffee and some friendly chat about Nga's background growing up in the northern Cooks then we embarked on our second dive. I am an experienced diver but with a young family I haven't dived so much in recent years. Nga kept a good eye on me and made sure we had a safe, relaxing and rewarding couple of dives. I will be bringing my 16 year old daughter back next year to do her dive qual and share the amazing experience of diving in paradise. Thanks CI Divers, owner Greg and especially dive master Nga and my dive buddy Greg S for a most memorable day. Blown away!!!

Visited April 2014
“Absolutely beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Just got home from Rarotonga and Cook Island divers was our favorite part! Neither of us had dived before and we both loved it. Guide was awesome