“Palace Burger - pace yourself!”
Review of Palace Takeaways

Palace Takeaways
Ranked #42 of 103 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Wow. I ordered the Palace Burger not knowing what it was, but only on the recommendation from a friend. When she said it was $14, I thought, "Whoa". This better be good.
Little did I know what it was: two burger patties, two fried eggs, cole slaw, tomatoes, pineapple, cheese, and a minor heart attack on the side.
The burger was a solid 8 inches tall.
After a good laugh, my wife and I attacked it. It very quickly disintegrated into a big Palace pile.
I suspect not many other people were getting the Palace burger for lunch, and I think that most people order this burger between the hours of 2a-4a. Either way, it was huge, and made me want to take a nap.

1  Thank PaulTheTravelGuy

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stopped here on our first day on Raro. My daughter ordered a wet burger, while my husband and I opted for the fish and chips. The food was fresh and delicious! The coleslaw is very good! My husband, who hates coleslaw, actually loved it as well! The fish is fresh. The staff is so nice, friendly, generous and helpful. We ended up liking it so much we went back two more times for lunch during our 6 day stay in Raro! It doesn't look like much from the street, but the food that comes from here and the staff inside are delightful. We sat on the side picnic tables and watched the locals jumping from the shipping docs into the water far below. Looked like fun! This is the only place that we found that stays open late when everything else on the island is closed. There were always people out there eating at all hours of the day and evening! If it's packed with locals as well, you know it's good food. Cheapest eats on the island as well!!

1  Thank AnnalisaL4
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My husband and I noticed the crowds of locals at this place and decided we must try this place out. We bought some fish and chips and a fish burger to share back at our room and we loved it so much we went back another day for a quick and easy meal to go.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

They have great fish burgers at a good price! We ended up coming here a few times with the kids as it was affordable and it was good food. A lot of Rarotonga cafes/restaurants are pricey so for us it was a good place to come money wise. Burgers around $7.

2  Thank RobNewZealand
Reviewed 24 September 2013

we went past a few times and kept going as they looked so busy...took an opportunity the one day we saw they quieter and glad we did..had simple fish and chips (the only negative was they said fish was tuna when asked...i was bit dubious as partner simply doesnt like tuna...but he loved it..as it was by taste..simple old fashioned kiwi style shark...yum!!) ..generous servings and hot dogs yum...great idea re pouring sauce into empty chip pottle then stand hotdogs in...great spot for quick food stop...you could sit looking at harbour all afternoon if you could...clean and friendly quick service