“Could have been MUCH better!”

Marlin Queen Fishing Charters
Book In Advance
More Info
US$122.41*
and up
Shared Fishing Charter in the Cook Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME TO MARLIN QUEEN FISHING CHARTERS!Serious about Big Game Fishing? Great so are we!Fishing aboard Marlin Queen is the ultimate game fishing experience in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. A successful blend of Rarotonga's best known and most trusted Captain (Junior) with a purpose built deep sea boat means a day out on the ocean doesn't get any better! We work extra hard to make sure your fishing trip is an unforgettable experience! Rain, hail or shine - we go fishing! If it's your dream to catch big fish, you will not find a more dedicated team to help you do it! As soon as you leave the Avatiu Harbour the water gets very deep, very quickly so no time is wasted in getting those lures into the water to find the "Big Ones". Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular view of the island in a safe and relaxed atmosphere - unless of course you are on our "early bird" trip which leaves at 6am (and it's still dark) to the FAD's to meet the Yellow Fin Tuna when they rise for feeding. The early bird catches the worm - and so do we! The fishing in Rarotonga is great all year round and our well equipped boat has everything you will need. Whether you're a novice or experienced angler your enjoyment is guaranteed. We provide refreshments, snacks, comprehensive safety equipment, flush toilet and use the latest Shimano fishing gear. Captain Junior is famous for making his own lures - guaranteed to attract the Big Ones! Shared and private charters are available and you can choose whether you want to fish for a 1/2 day or full day. Our minimum is one person and for larger groups (over 10) we will organise your own "inter-boat" fishing competition, loads of fun for the competitive at heart. Want the "Ultimate Fishing Holiday"? We specialise in complete fishing, accommodation and transport packages, tailor-made to suit your individual or group requirements. We have a great range of accommodation and transport options to suit your every need and budget, so sit back, relax and let us organise your dream fishing holiday. Don't wait until you arrive in Rarotonga to book your trip as demand is high - avoid disappointed, book your trip now!
Owaka, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Could have been MUCH better!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My friend & I did a 5 hour trip on the Marlin Queen on 27th June. I was disappointed in the trip. This was because all the settings of the lines & deployment of lures was undertaken by the staff on the boat. Even the Skipper was able to sort his own lines etc. Fish were bought in by two of the 5 people on board. I don't have an issue with that, except one of those people had already done big game fishing all over Australia & New Zealand & bragged about (by showing pictures) after he landed his catch. I feel this was unfair to the 3 others on the boat who had not had this experience. A fairer option would have been for the staff to inquire who has never done this sort of thing before (such as the 3 others on board) and provide those people priority with landing a catch.
I was also eager to learn about setting lines & lures etc for this type of activity, but the deckhand did not engage in any conversation of this type - he did everything.
I feel I paid $160 to sit there for 5 hours & do nothing!
However, I must say that I recognise it is often the luck of the draw as to whether anything is caught & I can accept that.
I provide this feedback as a mechanism for improving the services provided.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank LynL04

Sunshine Coast, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only charter to consider!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been fishing all my life and have never found a more professional, fun, affordable and experienced fishing charter!

My girlfriend and I were in contact with Dianne and Junior long before our holiday getting regular reports and keeping in touch through their Facebook page :) the first day we arrived in this beautiful place, we went straight down to the harbour to meet this amazing couple!

They are the most down to earth and lovely people I have meet in a long long time! They had just got back from a charter, and like always, were filleting fish :) after a long chat, they insisted we take some of the fish to cook that night for dinner. Without any payment or guarantee we were going with them, they gave us the freshest yellow fun tuna I have ever seen!

Straight away, I booked a charter for the following day, knowing that I was in for a good time!!! At only $150 this charter was amazing value for money! I meet their other skipper "Teoni" and the deckhand Keti, at 5:30 and off we went. This is the following report for that days fishing:
- 1x30kg YF tuna
- 5x 8kg tuna.

It was an amazing first trip and of course, we were given beautiful fresh fish again!

Every day after that first trip, we waited for the boat to come in to the harbour to see the fish that were caught!!! Every day there was fish!

I proceeded to go out again with the Marlin Queen crew at a later date in our holidays and had the amazing opportunity to feel the weight and strength of a big blue marlin. The fish spat the hook unfortunately, but the raw power of the fish was incredible :)

This is a must do for anyone that is visiting! You will be welcomed with open arms and will meet the loveliest people on the island!

Cannot thank Marlin Queen enough for everything you did for us!

Lots of love,
Blake and Alysha!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank BlakeSwanepoel
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome fishing outfit”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Best days fishing trip we could have asked for, and our first day as husband and wife to boot. Thanks to the guys for sending us home with fresh Mahi-mahi and Wahoo that we caught ourselves.

Visited November 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Deep sea fishing”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Loved the deep sea fishing. Caught mahimahi and tuna.
Didn't like getting small portion of the fish we caught!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Beth189
Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Give these guys a go!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great half day out with Tioni. He found some Tuna early on, then we fished further down the cost for Wahoo, but without any luck. Well organised, a good hands on trip.

Visited April 2014