“Nice motel”

Alaska 7 Motel
Alaska 7 Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Delta Junction
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed in this motel during our trip around Alaska. It is located just next to the highway, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Wifi was working well. Also the man at the reception was very helpfull. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed one night and woke up with a terrible rash and extreme itching, still trying to find out what it was.Damp smelling and you have to wait for heat to come on, could easily hear people in next room. Door had trouble shutting all the way and second door in room led to ? went to sleep with tv on and it was totally turned off when I woke up?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I stayed here in July 2011. We were road tripping through Alaska and found this one. The rooms were very clean and neat and much nicer than some more expensive places we stayed. The wire-less internet was super fast and we had plenty of hot water for showers. The gentleman at the desk gave us a map of the area and recommendations for things to see that evening and a nice place to eat. Then he drew us a map of the road an what to see as we headed south the next day. He was very good! He told us were to see salmon and we found it easily, as well as a very excellent place to stay the next night. This is definitely one of the good places to stay in Delta Junction.

Room Tip: Don't judge it by the outside! It may look plain but this place is clean and nice, even if it l...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I have stayed at the Alaskan 7 three times and although it is an older motel I have found it to be clean, well equiped and maintained. During my last stay I had a medical emergency at 3am which put me in Fairbanks with only my billfold, meds and the clothes I was sleeping in. I called the owners (Claire and Hugh) from the hospital and they gathered my belongings and car and put them in a safe place. I called again the day before my release and Claire told me they would bring my car with my belongings and pick me up at the hospital. They transported me to my motel, unloaded the car and put my belongings it my room. Their kindness and concern for me was certainly beyond what I would have received at a lot of other motels. This is also reflected in the quality their motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank W A
Reviewed 21 July 2012

This was slightly better than the average roadside motel we encountered in Alaska. The bathroom was large and the tub area was updated and clean. There was a new flat screen TV with satellite service in the room. The wi-fi internet service worked great and there were plenty of electrical outlets available in the room. There were also some extra details, like mints on the nightstand and air freshener spray in the bathroom. The office person was very friendly and gave dinner recommendations. There was a little bit of traffic noise from the road, but it wasn't too bothersome. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and recommend this motel for budget conscience travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SkierDawn
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My wife and I went up to Alaska to see the summer solstice. It's a beautiful state, but all of the hotels are so expensive. When we finally stopped in Delta the Alaska 7 was a pleasant surprise.
It's by far the most affordable motel we stayed at with rooms around $75. Some of the other "cheaper motels" we had stayed at in other towns were pretty dirty with very few perks, but the Alaska 7 gave us much more than we would have guessed for the price. The room was clean and comfortable and was fully equipped with a personal fridge and new TV's that included satellite channels.
The motel is a few miles outside of Delta towards Fairbanks on the Richardson highway. It is a nice quite place that gave us a good nights sleep.
The place is run by a mom and pop couple who were really nice and talked with us about all of the places we had visited while giving us some great advice on what to see while we were in the state. They even let us take a look inside a room before we rented it.
If you're looking for a good place to stay that will save you a few bucks I highly recommend checking this place out. If you're not sure you can always ask to see the room first just like we did.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the motel are really quiet. You can ask to see the room before you rent i...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BTraveler_81_11
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Cheap motel, overpriced, however, the biggest complaint is that this is supposed to be a Non-Smoking motel but my room reeked of stale smoke. I do not believe it is a Non-Smoking motel, if so, they don't appear to enforce the rule.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank miskr

Been to Alaska 7 Motel? Share your experiences!