“Seriously Wyndham You should be ashamed!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eagle River
Skagway, Alaska
“Seriously Wyndham You should be ashamed!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Urine smell in the elevator and halls. I was on the second floor and I chose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. The stairwell smells like mildew. The bed linens were yellow, no blankets. The towels had holes and there was a disgusting gray ring around the bathtub. The front desk clerks smelled heavily of smoke and the night clerk stood at the desk talking in very loud foul language on the phone to another employee while I was trying to buy fabric softener sheets for the guest dryers. I too have not been in a hotel in over 20 years that did not have a hair dryer or coffee maker. Paying over $90 per night for a bare bones room was stupid. I had no other choice as I was in town to see doctors that I had established when I lived in Eagle River. I drover two days from Skagway to live in very poor conditions. Oh yes forgot...I was taking a shower and the whole faucet shot off and the pipe what just shooting out water...I was able to screw it back on but seriously

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY HERE...go into Anchorage and find something else.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Janice H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Holmen
Reviewed 15 August 2013

It was okay. The desk clerk was very friendly and told us of some places to eat, which we chose one of and it was very good. I did, however wish there had been a hair dryer in the room, and we also would have liked a larger selection of food for the breakfast room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The only good thing I have to say is that one person at the counter was helpful. Otherwise, I had to go to three rooms to get one that would work. Also, no air conditioning, no swing locks on the doors, all three had stained carpet, chairs, couches, and towels. The hallways are stained up, the hard floor cracked and gapping. The elevator smells like pee. The hide-a-beds do not have springs to keep the matrass on, and both the rooms I tried had trash in them. Then my last room the door lock went completely out and we had to make sure the door was propped open or someone was in the room. They could not fix it or give us a different room. The continental breakfast was a tray of old bagels, and a juice machine. Bad all the way around.

Room Tip: my tip to getting a good room - stay someone else
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Larkspur, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2013

On the outskirts of the northern access of Chugach State Park which has amazing wildlife hikes, this Inn was reasonably priced and gave us a discount for our AARP membership. The breakfast was OK. The Inn was quiet for the most part, with small but adequate rooms, with good selection of channels on entertainment system. Close distance to some good places to eat in surrounding Eagle River. It was 30 minutes to Anchorage and awesome views of Mt McKinley from Eagle River. About 3-4 hours from Seward, our next stop for the night on our trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
#48 of 73 in Anchorage
The Lakefront Anchorage
The Lakefront Anchorage
#5 of 73 in Anchorage

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eagle River/Anchorage Are? Share your experiences!