“Excellent Bar Service and Good Food”
Review of Aurora Bar & Grill

Aurora Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Maryland
“Excellent Bar Service and Good Food”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I enjoyed myself at the Aurora's bar twice during my stay here. Derek was a great bartender and able to keep all of his patrons well attended to while making all the drinks for the entire restaurant.

The food was also very memorable--the wagyu steak reminding me of some of the best steaks I've ever had. The Tiramisu was great for desert, as was the Baked Alyeska. Both were presented in a very ascetically pleasing way and were a great cap to the evening.

The bar also has a great selection of custom mixed drinks, ports, and Scotchs. While I didn't try it myself, one of their frequent patrons claimed Derek made the best martinis in Alaska.

• Visited June 2013

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Nothing too special”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Tired service, no greeting upon arrival seemed put out when you order. Drinks and food take a long, long time, even when it's not busy.

Visited April 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Football night.”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Good pizza, great drinks. Watched a football game with people from all over the world. We had a blast.

Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Friendly staff, good selection”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The pizza here was very good and well-priced. We compared it to some other places in town and found this to be one of the cheaper options. They also have an extensive beer list, which makes for fun tasting opportunities when with friends (they don't have a sampler menu). I ordered a Grand Marnier night cap and asked for it warm - they brought it on a snifter warmer. Bonus points! Most servers look at me funny when I ask for my Grand Marnier warm. They also have some very high end liquor offerings if you are into that type of thing.

Visited March 2013
Washington
“Convenient location. Friendly service. Average food.”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We love Alyeska and make an annual winter trip. At least one night every year, we decide to stay in and eat at the Aurora Bar & Grill in the hotel. It's nice and convenient, and the food is okay. Not great by any means....but not terrible. My husband actually loved his chicken parmesan this last time. I had the halibut special which was good, but no where near as good as the dinner I had at Jack Sprat. The entrees are about the same price-wise as other restaurants in Girdwood. The pizza is actually a pretty good value, and it's good.

Not a bad choice if you're staying at the Hotel Alyeska and don't want to bundle up to go out.

Visited March 2013