“Adorable little place with amazing food!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Double Musky Inn

Double Musky Inn
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Adorable little place with amazing food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Only open for dinner!!! Fresh baked jalapeño cheese bread to start!!! Yummy!!! Cajun 'BBQ' Prawns were sooooo good!!! Wait staff were all very pleasant!! Atmosphere was adorable!! Who would have thought, awesome Cajun food in the middle of the 'Cugach' mountains!!! Definately a must!!!

seward,ak
“Stuck in the past”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Im from Alaska and have been to the Musky numerous times over the last 20 years, I'm not quite sure why I keep giving it another chance. The food is NOT Cajun nor does it do an acceptable job of representing NOLA. I encourage the owners to actually visit this amazing place they are trying to capture. Every dish seems to have 3 ingridents in common: butter, holandaise & burgundy sauce. I know they have someone with a culinary degree in the business...it would be great to infuse some new life into their menu and especially the cocktail list. No sazerac or vieux carre? I applaud their service. Our server Tara gave impeccable service & her wine knowledge is impressive, they are lucky to have her. I know the Musky is a staple in Girdwood but the food is tired, its time to take some chances with their menu.

2 Thank ak_bluesky
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two not so great experiences in a row”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was our second family visit here in the past six months. The first time my filet came out medium rare at best and I had ordered it medium well. The server actually argued with me at the table that it was cooked the way it should be. Very embarrassing. Last night we went to celebrate my daughter's 21st birthday. The waiter was very attentive at first but then when it got busier not so much. They seemed to be very understaffed. We arrived to eat approximately an hour after they opened. When we ordered the coconut salmon appetizer (my daughter's favorite), we were told they were sold out. My husband and I ordered filet's again, both medium well. We were told they would be butterflied so they didn't take so long to cook. We told him that was fine. They brought their jalapeno cheese rolls to the table which were hard and barely warm like they had been sitting out for quite awhile unprotected. When the filets arrived my husband's was maybe medium and mine was no more than medium rare and not butterflied. The food also took a very long time to come out when it wasn't that busy when we ordered. We really used to enjoy this restaurant but it just seems to be going downhill in both service but mostly in consistency and quality of food that is put out. Very disappointing.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Eagle River, Alaska
“Plan on at least an hour wait - it's worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is NOT the restaurant to visit if you hate waiting. It is always packed and no reservations are taken over the phone. It is entirely worth the wait if you're in a festive mood. It's loud - makes it difficult to hear conversations, but you'll be so busy appreciating the food it won't bother you. The pepper steak is amazing and far too much for one meal. Extensive wine list, staff turnover is about zero - have seen the same waiter for 25 years, and the atmosphere is ski town festive.

Visited September 2013
“Delicious, Generous, and Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had heard about this restaurant from friends who had made the 45 minute trek from Anchorage. They raved about the food and the atmosphere. We were concerned that their opinions may have been swayed by Owen Wilson eating at a nearby table, but decided to drive down anyway. We were not disappointed.
We started with appetizers and drinks while we waited 15 minutes to be seated. Once at the table, we were overwhelmed with the yummy sounding choices from the menu. I selected the pepper steak which was described as "16-20 oz. New York Steak, crusty with cracked pepper
and covered with a spicy burgundy sauce." The steak was so thick and tender, I would have thought it was a filet. It was also gigantic. I ended up leaving a third of it on the plate and should have left more, but it was so good.

I would recommend you make the trek from Anchorage (the ride is beautiful) or visit while in Girdwood.