“Cagun Food in Alaska”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This has to be one of the best restaurants in America. We escort a trip to Alaska, and this is a must stop for our travelers. The decor is unusual, the employees are friendly, and there is noting like it when it comes to food. My favorite is the file gumbo, but the signature meal is the pepper steak which can be shared because it is so huge. If ever in Alaska, and going by Girdwood, be sure to stop and directions to the place, you will not be disappointed. They do not take reservations so get there early.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've traveled the world and I have to say this place is probably in my top ten of best ever meals! It is a funny place, very shabby sheik, but their wine room is unbelievably awesome and the food was fantastic. We had the seafood pasta and the Halibut stuffed with crab - both were unbelievable! Don't miss this place. We picked up the cookbook are the "Great Alaskan Tourist Trip" store in Girdwood and the owner and chef signed it. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived at 5 on a Friday night and were seated right away. Our waitress told us if we wanted prime rib to tell her right away as they were running out. (At 5pm?) The food all arrived quickly and all six of us got either prime rib or steak. The steaks were great however they only give you the option of one size, humongous. None of us came close to finishing the meal. I would recommend sharing an entree. No room for desert and total was $50/person. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Only open for dinner!!! Fresh baked jalapeño cheese bread to start!!! Yummy!!! Cajun 'BBQ' Prawns were sooooo good!!! Wait staff were all very pleasant!! Atmosphere was adorable!! Who would have thought, awesome Cajun food in the middle of the 'Cugach' mountains!!! Definately a must!!!

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Im from Alaska and have been to the Musky numerous times over the last 20 years, I'm not quite sure why I keep giving it another chance. The food is NOT Cajun nor does it do an acceptable job of representing NOLA. I encourage the owners to actually visit this amazing place they are trying to capture. Every dish seems to have 3 ingridents in common: butter, holandaise & burgundy sauce. I know they have someone with a culinary degree in the business...it would be great to infuse some new life into their menu and especially the cocktail list. No sazerac or vieux carre? I applaud their service. Our server Tara gave impeccable service & her wine knowledge is impressive, they are lucky to have her. I know the Musky is a staple in Girdwood but the food is tired, its time to take some chances with their menu.

2  Thank ak_bluesky