“Backwoods gem”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, eclectic ambiance. Wait staff was very nice & accommodating to two finicky kids. Steaks were tasty and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Double Musky Inn is a rustic restaraunt, loaded with all kinds of old stuff. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent. There was a waiting time of almost an hour, but well worth the wait, we were able to sit at the bar and enjoyed some appetizers before dinner. The Scallop Rockafeller was the best!!!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The food was fresh and delicious. We had the jambalaya and the Pepper Steak. And the coconut cream pie was hands down he best we have ever had. The place gets packed and noisy and there is usually a pretty long wait for a table but it was worth it!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I went here for an early dinner, and were pleasantly surprised. For some reason I had imagined something a little more "crab-shack-esque" but it was not at all like I thought. It was eclectic with lots of fun art and resembled a classier version of a tavern, but with a really nice wine cooler. Kind of hard to describe.

We were surprised when we arrived to a line of 15 people at 3:50pm, since they open for dinner at 4:30pm (doors open at 5 during the week). However, we had a great time talking to some locals while waiting and soon enough were rewarded with a nice table out in the sunroom. The property has beautiful wildflowers in bloom around it so it was quite beautiful out there. A local jokingly said if you plan to get there when they open, don't plan to eat until 7. Some people behind us were still in line when we left. I would suggest getting there early like we did, or waiting until the first wave of diners leave around 6ish.

It is also priced very competitively for Alaska, and in a resort town, no less. The sticker shock of eating in Alaska wore off several days ago, so we were actually excited to see that the prices reflected bigger portions, while still maintaining excellent quality and presentation.

If we had more time in Girdwood, we would definitely visit the Double Musky Inn again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is one of those kitschy restaurants with lots of stuff plastered everywhere and on everything. Went on a Friday night during busy tourist season so I did expect a crowd and a wait since they don't take reservations. Luckily we found seats at the bar and ordered a cocktail while we cooled our heels. Once seated we were attended to promptly by a real character. He was entertaining albeit a bit flighty. I was stunned by the prices though, Alaska is always more expensive but $29 for jambalaya? really? Granted the portions were huge, but I still couldn't get over how much everything was. For me the food was good, but I think mine was a one time experience. I don't think they will lose any sleep over it though because it's very popular :)