“Delicious BBQ”

Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Anchorage, Alaska
“Delicious BBQ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hands-down the best bet for BBQ in the Anchorage area. I stopped in about a week ago and was impressed. If the smell from outside doesn't draw you in, I don't know what to say; it is droolworthy. I had the brisket sammie and my boyfriend had the Bore Tide (the signature sandwich of pulled pork and bacon). Not only were the sandwiches great, but the service was helpful and the BBQ sauces complimented everything nicely. I will be back!

• Visited August 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“Nice meal on Father's Day.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had the ribs, made with dry rubs, and sides, and it was huge portions. They were busy and had run out of several items, but it was still a memorial meal, and the two of us had to package the rest up to take home. This is a casual place, just what you expect outside of Anchorage in the Chugach State Park. I haven't tried their new restaurant in town, but I will. It's by the University Center on Old Seward and 36th.

Visited June 2014
Rome, Georgia
“Real southern BBQ”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have passed this place on Seward Hwy en route to Kenai for yrs w/out stopping. Seeing the new place in ANC made me reconsider. Sorry it took so long to stop. Good sweet tea and good BBQ. Nice baked beans as well. Looking forward to trying the store on Old Seward next trip.

Visited May 2014
Wasilla, Alaska
“Food good - prices just o.k.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We've been to the original Turnagain Arm Pit in Indian and the new location on Old Seward Highway near 36th. The food is the same but the Pit in Indian is a more fun place. The Indian location has easy and good parking, and you can sit outside with service. I don't know, but it seems the "side" portions were better at Indian. Maybe it was just the day we were at the Old Seward and 36th location (at lunchtime), but the sides were really skimpy. The food is good for sure, and since we only go a few times a year, it's worth the $15 for lunch once and awhile.

• Visited May 2014