“Anchorage "Arm Pit" equally as good”

Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you enjoyed the Turnagain Arm Pit BBQ you will find equally good food and service at the Anchorage location near the corner of Old Seward Highway and 36th Ave. The atmosphere is very family friendly and the wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The food was very good with a reasonable price. I have also attended an event which was catered by the Arm Pit which is another way to enjoy their food.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Excellent service, the server was very knowledgeable. She asked if it was our first visit to the BBQ shop and upon finding out it was she explained their menu and the differences between this location and their Anchorage location. This one, on Indian Rd is the original she told us. The prices were amazing compared to all the other restaurants in Girdwood. The food was so good. We had chicken, ribs, sausage and curly fries for $13.95. The BBQ sauce is on the table so you can add your own. They've got spicy, sweet, regular, and a mustard. It was the best restaurant experience we've had since being here in Girdwood and even better than what we've found in Anchorage.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hands-down the best bet for BBQ in the Anchorage area. I stopped in about a week ago and was impressed. If the smell from outside doesn't draw you in, I don't know what to say; it is droolworthy. I had the brisket sammie and my boyfriend had the Bore Tide (the signature sandwich of pulled pork and bacon). Not only were the sandwiches great, but the service was helpful and the BBQ sauces complimented everything nicely. I will be back!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had the ribs, made with dry rubs, and sides, and it was huge portions. They were busy and had run out of several items, but it was still a memorial meal, and the two of us had to package the rest up to take home. This is a casual place, just what you expect outside of Anchorage in the Chugach State Park. I haven't tried their new restaurant in town, but I will. It's by the University Center on Old Seward and 36th.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have passed this place on Seward Hwy en route to Kenai for yrs w/out stopping. Seeing the new place in ANC made me reconsider. Sorry it took so long to stop. Good sweet tea and good BBQ. Nice baked beans as well. Looking forward to trying the store on Old Seward next trip.