“Heavenly views”
Review of Seven Glaciers

Seven Glaciers
Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Glaciers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Girdwood
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alyeska Highway
Transit: Glacier Valley Transit (GVT) operates a year-round transportation busing system with fixed route service in Girdwood, Alaska. GVT is owned and operated by Girdwood Transportation, LLC and leases employees from Alyeska Resort. GVT is made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation. 907-382-9909
Description: Seven Glaciers is Alyeska Resort’s AAA Four Diamond award winning mountain-top restaurant. Offering signature Alaskan entrees in an elegant atmosphere, the Seven Glaciers experience is extraordinary from start to finish. Your journey begins with a scenic aerial tram ride that takes you high above The Hotel Alyeska to 2,300 feet above sea level. From this mountain-top perch, Seven Glaciers is surrounded by nature from every direction. This means that every table features panoramic glacier and water views. Chef Jason Porter carefully crafts the Seven Glaciers' menus with an emphasis on locally available produce, seafood and game. With an attention to detail and a flair for the unexpected, Chef Porter presents delectable Alaskan favorites with his own personal touch. Seven Glaciers boasts an award winning wine list and full bar to perfectly complement your meal. Please leave room for dessert--the Baked Alyeska cannot be missed.
North Oaks, Minnesota
“Heavenly views”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A 5 star restaurant with views like this can hardly be imagined. It wasn't sunset but rather the beginning of the twilight hours. Hanging glaciers and paragliders fill your eyes with wonder. Julie Andrews wasn't there but the hills where alive.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“5 star price 2 star food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The view from the top of the tram is spectacular. Based on the reviews I expected the food to be good as well. It was not. I had the fish of the day which was properly cooked but had no flavor. The crab cake appetizer was decent but not great. The service was good but the kitchen was inflexible. We asked for blue cheese on the salad instead of vinaigrette. They refused saying the chef prepared the salad to be served with vinaigrette. When you pay almost $400 for dinner for 6 I would expect the food and service to 5 star quality. This restaurant was just expensive

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Scott744
Bristol, Tennessee
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is dining with a beautiful view! Although pricey, this restaurant is worth it for the view. The halibut was excellent and we had attentive wait staff. For dessert, try the Baked Alyeska.

• Visited June 2014
Texas
“Good food ruined by experience”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent, the view was stunning and the waiter was knowledgeable, but the hostess and lack of concern by the manager and hostess ruined a special evening.
I made 8pm reservations in May, a month prior to our visit. I reconfirmed the reservation upon checkin for 8PM. We arrived at Seven Glaciers a few minutes before 8 and after a ten minutes, we were informed by the hostess that our reservations were at 8:15 and we were early. I had the email confirming 8pm on my phone but she insisted our reservation was for 8:15. The Reality of the situation turned out to be she gave our table away. We waited until 8:30 to be seated. The 8:15 reservation was still on hold when we were seated.

The hostess finally admitted giving our table way to a large party who showed up with four extra people. While we were waiting, a gentleman in a suit (manager?) walked by us several times but never acknowledged us. No time during our evening did anyone apologize (except hostess who said she ultimately took care of everyone). We were not treated as I would have expected in such a highly regarded restaurant and one in which I spent over $100 per person.

It ruined what was to be a treat for for Alaskan vacation.

PS- a word if warning. There is no place to sit while you wait to be seated if the bar is full

Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Go simply for the view”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Two of us dined here for my birthday. This is one of those restaurants that try their best to serve excellent food and have excellent service, but because of living in Houston neither of those really got my attention. The food was very good, the service was very good, but what people go here for is the view. And the view is what you pay for.

I ordered the Alaskan Rockfish, which they told me that they were out of, so they offered me the scallops. They were very good. My boyfriend had a steak, also a very good choice. They brought us a few chocolates and lit a candle in honor of my birthday. A sweet gesture.

Like I said, nothing stands out- nothing was remarkable, except for the view. So, yes, go for the view on a special occasion. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014