“A fun place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Girdwood
Glacier View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Girdwood B&B and Inns
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina
“A fun place to stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived there was a note on the door giving us directions to our room. We had a room with a shared bathroom. This posed no issue for us. The other guests were kind & thoughtful & just made sure no one needed to use the restroom before the other one showered. The bed was comfortable & I slept really well. My only complaint was the room temperature. It was warm & stuffy & it took me a good long while before I realized that the thermostat wasn't working & therefore neither was the AC.

In the morning Connie made us a wonderful, home cooked Alaskan meal. She accommodated everyone's requests: scrambled eggs or fried eggs, pancakes with or without berries, etc. The food was amazing, local & very Alaskan.

The atmosphere of the home was very inviting & made you feel right at home. I'd stay again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ILoveYellowstone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here due to a wedding we were attending in Girdwood. Connie, the owner welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The room was large, clean, and beautifully decorated with a combination of contemporary and antique furnishings. The views outside our windows were breathtaking, even for us residents of Alaska!

Breakfast is served "family style" and is wonderfully made. There were a variety of preferences and dietary needs gathered around our table that morning and Connie made every effort to make all of us feel taken care of.

We would most definitely return to Glacier View on any future trips to Girdwood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our room had the best view of the glacier even from the bed. There was a lovely large shower and a separate bath. After a day cruising Prince William sound the bath was heaven. Breakfast was great and the hostess Connie gave us great insight into Alaskan life. We stayed 2 nights and really enjoyed this B&B

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our stay at Glacier View B&B was by chance and I must say it is a memory my husband and I will have for the rest of our lives. To make a long story short we were married on August 6th this year and Connie played a big part in arranging our wedding ceremony.
We stayed in the Enchanted Room on our wedding night. Connie so graciously orchestrated our ceremony with the help of her friend Connie the owner of the Tourist Trap gifts store in Girdwood The ceremony was on the balcony of the original ski lodge up on the mountain with a backdrop of seven glaciers and bay view Both Connie's were present including Connie's granddaughter who was our flower girl complete with flower peddles and matching head band. Their friend Richard presided over the ceremony.
Our room at Glacier View was beautiful and comfortable. It has a king sized bed with exquisite linens that makes it difficult to leave. The view from the kitchen balcony is so Alaskan: steep mountains that practically drop at your doorstep. Connie is the perfect host; she makes you feel right at home. The overall experience i.e rooms, view, breakfast with home made jams, warm friendly host, is one that leaves you wanting to come back. I'm sure we will!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara L
ks
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The B & B is very nice with a beautiful common room. The breakfast is plentiful.

Our room, just off the entrance, was very large and comfortable, but the "adjacent" bathroom was a bit far away and not so comfortable to use. Ask for a room upstairs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nhiker
Union City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My boyfriend and myself stayed at three different Bed and Breakfasts during our stay in Alaska and Glacier View was by far our favorite. Connie was awesome! We just loved her and hope to come back as soon as we can! She is extremely friendly, fun, informative, and made us feel completely at ease. She was made to own and run a BnB! She has excellent people skills. When we left this beautiful, modern home, we left feeling like we had made a friend! We even made friends with her cat, Libby!

Our room, which was the Mountain View room, was comfy, super clean, and simply beautiful. It was very spacious, had great big windows, access to a deck, and our own private bath with hot tub. The views are out of this word. Breakfast was always a good meal- eggs, sausage, pancakes, granola, jams with berries picked by Connie herself, coffee, and juice. It was a nice way to start off the day- talking and hanging around the breakfast table with Connie and the other guests, sharing fun stories, trip activities and plans.

I have several friends who want to explore Alaska and I will most definitely without a doubt recommend Glacier View to all of them. Thanks for everything Connie! You're the best!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley G
San Leandro, California
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had such a lovely stay here that I decided to sign up to tripadvisor just to leave them a review. The house, the place, the whole area was very beautiful. It was so relaxing and comfortable that I felt like I was part of Connie the owner's family. The jacuzzi hot tub was nice and not to mention the incredible breakfast she whips up every morning.
The most incredible part of my stay here was seeing all the plants and flowers everywhere! Connie takes such good care of all the flowers; I can't imagine how much effort must go into maintaining them in such good condition.

Room Tip: no swimming pool