“Don't bother”

Alpine Diner & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Girdwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was awful. We stopped early in the morning on our way south and they sold us day old or 3 day old pastries that were way overpriced and stale. Don't bother stopping here. I will never go there again. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Nanette J

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stopped here for donuts and coffee on our way back to Anchorage. The jelly filled donut was okay.... nothing spectacular but the girl working the counter was completely rude. I asked for a sleeve for our coffee and since the girl was really busy I grabbed one myself. She got really upset and continued to make LOUD rude comments so everyone could hear and wouldn't drop it. My entire family just stared at her in awe and so did the rest of the customers. I will never stop there again and won't recommend this place to anyone! Awful...

2  Thank sabato_obi
Reviewed 17 July 2013

we at "breakfast" at this bakery twice during our stay. the kids would have gone here every morning if we let them. Cinammon rolls are the size of a small dinner plate. Apple strudel was light and flaky. Donuts and fruit fritters were freshly made and delicious.

I have no idea how their real food tastes...

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Average food but a beautiful day to sit outside and eat it. WE sample the famous buns, the sandwiches and the soup.

1  Thank shloffer
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had been craving a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie for days and was excited when we stopped in Girdwood for gas to see the enormous cookies in his bakery. After shelling out five bucks for a cookie and milk, I almost spit out the bite of cookie in disgust. Dry and tasteless and an incredible disappointment. How the heck can any bakery screw up something as simple as a classic chocolate chip? I think the paper bag they put the dang thing in would taste better than what they served. Do not waste your time or money on this place.

2  Thank JLA9