“Outstanding Sandwich.”
Review of Java Haus

Java Haus
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Girdwood
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My wife and I originally went to The Bake Shop for take-out lunch, but they were packed and we had a certain timetable we had to keep. Next door was a spice shop and they told us about the Java Haus, a short walk over a small wooden bridge. We were the only ones there so we were able to get in and out in a reasonable amount of time. It still took longer then ordering at a Connecticut deli, but the results were worth the extra wait. I had the Crow Creek Club-$8.50-Turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato and choice of cheese (I can't remember what my wife had). They made the bacon fresh which is one reason it took a little longer. The bread (I don't know what type) was outstanding. Now, I am a very critical person, but I will say for the record that this sandwich was one of the best I ever had. It was a hefty sandwich and so tasty. If you are in Girdwood around lunchtime I would wholeheartedly recommend you stop by. They also do breakfast, but we weren't in town long enough to sample their offerings.

1  Thank W-Hartford_CT

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Girdwood, Alaska
Reviewed 18 May 2008

Great sandwiches, service is usually good and the coffee varies a bit. Practically affordable, for Girdwood, and highly satisfying!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook