See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Stayed with my fiance at the Caribou as a halfway point to Valdez for halibut fishing. I found the room clean and spacious, with new furniture and a helpful staff. I enjoyed my time and if I ever find myself in Glenallen again I will gladly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were en route from Tok to Anchorage.

The original rooms we were booked into were not ready and room allocated was spacious but sadly not clean. There were traces of Pizza on the table and other surfaces. There was no extra loo roll in the bathroom and I had to search for one in other rooms which were still being changed. The room maids were still working at 9.00 p.m. I think that there was a staffing problem.

The area was in the middle of nowhere, very run down and little choice for eating. We ate in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel where the choice was mexican, pizza or burgers. As we are not a fan of spicy stuff or fast food it was unsuitable but there was nothing else. The restaurant really was more of a transport cafe and the whole of Glennallen is a dry area so no alcohol could be bought. After a long drive we wanted a beer!!!

The car park was full of potholes and had trucks parked up. there was a large camper van at the rear entrance, which we had to use, and an enormous pile of rubbish beside it.

Not a good experience, avoid this place. We understand that there are better places id you take a small diversion towards Valdez ie Princess Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maggiechapman49
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Spent two nights at the Caribou Hotel during the “off” season. Noted that others had complained about the appearance of the place but after finding out why it all makes sense.

The Caribou has been in Glennallen for many years. My first stay was back in the late 90’s and part of the rooms were located in old Pipeline Camp buildings. Those are long gone now. I spent a bit of time talking to the owner and found out that they are in the process of doing renovations to the place and hope to have it all done before summer arrives (2018). New carpets, wall coverings, rails along the hallways, furnishings etc. In fact on the day I checked out they were actually planning a trip to Anchorage to pick up a shipment of materials that had just arrived.

While short staffed in the winter, they were very friendly and accommodating to requests. I would recommend this location. Remodeling time always looks bad for a business but these folks are really working hard to make it right.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim T
Jeremiah S, General Manager at Caribou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Jim T,

Thank you very much for taking your time to give the Caribou Hotel a good review here on TripAdvisor. The staff and I are very happy to read that you enjoyed both our hotel and our service. We have almost completed the hallway remodel project now and will soon move forward to the room remodels. Thank you again for staying at the Caribou Hotel and we look forward to your next trip here.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Needed a place fairly late at night and caribou was bright and cheerful - and the parking lot was plowed. Very friendly helpful staff found us an excellent room with comfy bed
Coffee and hot drinks for guests which was nice
Good place to buy breakfast was the caribou cafe in the other end of the parking lot so that was handy.

Clean and completely acceptable, made special by the staff. Very knowledgeable about the Glennallen area

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jeremiah S, General Manager at Caribou Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi dbsopera,

Thanks for giving us a great review. We appreciate your wonderful comments, as we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again for staying at the Caribou Hotel.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

We stayed at the Caribou for one night in late June. There aren't many options in the area so we were happy to have a place to stay. When we checked in I talked to the new owner and she was very friendly and we talked for a while. They were newly owning/managing the hotel and are slowly trying to update things. I did have to ask for more pillows because they were flat, but they were more than happy to get me more. I also had to ask to borrow a hair dryer and they have one for the hotel. The wifi and tv worked great.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lcgovols

Hi lcgovols,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our commitment to investing in the property will continue the next two months with renovations to our hallways and rooms. That includes new pillows! Your feedback is important to us so we are planning to have a total of four pillows on each bed instead of two. I hope this will help make your next stay with us more relaxing and comfortable! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Glennallen!