“Don't Stay Here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healy
McKinley RV Park and Campground
“Don't Stay Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We made reservations online a few weeks in advance. Got there to check in and they told us we were at a different site, then come to find out someone else was also at that site. Then they told us they were moving everyone from the bottom of the hill to the top because of flooding (which isn't possible since there are only 5 spots up top and probably about 30 below). The lady told me the top is better anyways, WRONG. Later I find out that the site we reserved has been booked all year and that is why they moved us, not because of flooding. The people working had no idea what they were doing. I wrote them and email and pretty much all they said was there is nothing we can do, and they wouldn't even stay the weekend we did because of the party going on. What they didn't say on their website is that they do not have water at any of the sites even though they state they do. We were put by the road which was loud and there was some party going on that weekend that we did not know of, the people next to us were drinking and loud all day and night. It was a horrible experience and I would pay the extra amount to stay closer to or in Denali. Don't stay here and consider yourself warned.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The showers and toilets were non working and covered in filth. Most of the washing machines were broken and there was No wifi available at all !!!! Customer service was pathetic as the foreign slave workers did not understand English. The owners could care less is patrons complained about no wifi !!!!! This is probably where Ebola originated from.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank terry m
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is the only park we could get into near Denali National Park, so 4 of us booked this online. It was easy to make reservations and now we know why! This place was the worst RV park we have stayed in since coming to Alaska 6 weeks ago.

First problem, the electricity went on and off constantly. We reported this our first night and they said they would look at it, but never did.

Second, they have no pet rules, so my brother was charged by a large dog. When this was reported, they just said there was no leash laws. Every other park has their own leash rules.

Third, they also do not have quiet hours. The site next to us was partying, drinking, and cooking until at least midnight. We finally put earplugs in and tried to sleep since we needed to get up at 5:00 to make our bus reservations in Denali the next morning.

I would not recommended this park to anyone!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jeff S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked a site online a few months ago for our first trip to Denali. After leveling my camper and blocking it up on a "construction site" looking park, I discovered the water was not working. After taking it up with the convenience store park people, we were given tokens to shower since their water is broken and they "forgot" to tell us. However, the showers were too filthy to shower. The toilets were disgusting. It smells like sewer near our site. It is billed as a fine place to stay but it looks nothing like the photos online. Also, they state that "quiet time is strictly enforced." It is soon to be midnight with people just outside my camper door carrying on and drinking...dogs barking. we told the guy up at the convenience store and he said he could not help since he was alone at the store and for us to tell people to quiet down! Do not come here if you want rest, clean facilities, showers, water, a view, or have children.

I wish I would have checked Trip Advisor before booking this site. A lesson learned.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AlaskanNurse
Jamestown, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Agree with "Stay Away" review by Ken111, and would like to add that we were told there was no water only on arrival, and the clerk stated the plumber was supposed to arrive the day before (implying this was a short-term problem). We were offered free laundry for the lack of water at our site, but there was a van there from the "Crow's Nest" washing hundreds of towels and rudely hogging all the dryers (making no effort to quickly free-up a completed load and no effort to share a folding table, even on request). Looked like it used to be a nice campground, but lacks upkeep. The most common sign we saw was,"out of order". We saw no quiet hours posted and none were enforced (it was loud late). Not recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FatOllie
Redding, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked our site on line, WOW what a mistake. The park is nothing like the pictures and it didn't tell us that there was no water. It's been out for the last 5 months. I am a full time RVer for the last 5 years I camped all over the USA, Canada, Mexico this place is a dump!!! Not cared for at all, Junk cars, Old RV's that have been here for years, with junk and weeds under them. We paid for 4 nights and left after 1 night. I didn't bother to ask for a refund I knew I wouldn't get it.
So if you like camping in knee deep cigarette butts and beer bottle caps this place would be a 10

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently went camping with some friends from Anchorage. My friends made a reservation at this property at least a week in advance. When we checked in and were given our camping spot, someone else was already hooked up in our spot. We got assigned to another spot only to find out that we didn't have any water. We were supposed to have both electricity and water hook ups. When we inquired about no water, we were told that they had problems during the winter and the pipes had broken. We wondered why this wasn't mentioned when the reservation was originally made especially when we required both electricity and water hook ups. The majority of the camping spots didn't have water but some of them did have it. There were other spots with water available but the employees refused to move us to another spot. The stories kept changing and we were told that all of the spots with water were going to be completely full. That wasn't the truth. We were tired from a long day of traveling and we were concerned that we wouldn't be able to find another campground in the area. We were traveling with 3 adults, 1 young child and 1 large dog. We were supposed to be staying for 3 days. We ended up staying for only 1 night. The nearest showers and facilities were up the hill so we would have had to climb up a bunch of stairs or walk up the hill to get to them. 1 of my friends just had major surgery and she was restricted from a lot of activity. We were also highly upset that we were charged for the water hook up when we were in a spot without water. The employees were rude and didn't seem to care either. We stayed the 1 evening and then found another place to camp for the remaining 2 days in the area. Now my friends are having problems getting their refund back to their credit card. They received a copy of a receipt showing they would receive a credit but nothing has posted yet and it has been days. I wouldn't recommend this property to anybody. It is in desperate need of maintenance and the employees are rude and don't care about their customers. They will lie and charge customers for things whether they are available or not. There are plenty of other places to camp in the area. There is also a bunch of construction going on in the area. A lot of the construction is going on around or near this campground. Like I said in my title of this review, STAY AWAY!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healy
Denali Park Hotel
Motel Nord Haven
Motel Nord Haven
#1 of 4 in Healy
Alaskan Spruce Cabins

Been to McKinley RV Park and Campground? Share your experiences!