Denali Faith Hill Lodge
US$192
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
US$190
US$181
  • Restaurant
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
US$298
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
US$299
Hotels.com
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
US$182
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmy son in lawmitchhostdenalistoriesdeck
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had researched places for our trip and this probably would not have been our first choice, one because my husband does not like to stay in B&Bs and two because of the religious connotations, as we are not religious. We were heading up to Denali when we started looking for a place to stay, and apparently everything was booked up. A nice guy at a hotel (cabins?) near Cantwell began to call around for us an eventually one of the other hotels gave him the number for this one. We gladly booked. We thought Mitch was great. If it bothers you that he drinks, stay somewhere else. We just chose to drink with him. He made great breakfasts, was fun to talk to and we also enjoyed his music. We ended up staying for two days so we could spend some time exploring Denali. Yes the rooms were small and there was not much on TV but they were clean and who stays in the room anyway? The common room had a great view and was a great place to hang out. Although Mitch is quite religious, When we told him we were not comfortable with that he did not push it. We had plenty of other stuff to talk about!

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms that are in the separate building form the main house.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

...the host, Mitch, got up and showed me to my room which was Spartan but clean and everything functioned. The bed was good and in 5 hours I was rested and to the breakfast provided. The eggs were perfect and Mitch had some spicy Cajun pork sausage.

Room Tip: There's no traffic noise so most rooms should be OK. Some rooms seem to be under an overhang which would cut down on the midnight sun.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

It was horrible staying there even for one night. We drove there from Anchorage n were bit in a hurry to get to the visitors center before it closed.So we wanted our room n leave asap. He told us to come n sit down; he talked for ~30mins abt random stuff. We asked abt the park but kept talking abt things HE wanted to talk abt. In the middle of our convo, the phone rang so he went to pick it up. He was talking on the phone for way too long so I went knocked on the door n softly told him that we were leaving. He said NO n told me aggressively that he was going to be done soon....

The room was extremly small and did not look clean. The TV didnt have any channels. We were not given any keys to our room. He told us to just leave the room unlocked...

I highly recommend anyone interested in B&B to stay at some other place!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank 123Juli
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I must say reading the other reviews that the grounds kept on the property at The Denali Faith Hill Lodge are very poor and the rooms are indeed very small, and quite unsatisfactory. The only thing that would be nice about the place is the free breakfast if it wasn't cooked for you by Mitch, the man running the place. Mitch as it turns out is a very religious man, but quite the drunk as well. We stayed for over a week trying to bear with his nonsensical personality and came to find out a lot about this man. For one we never saw him without a cocktail in his hand, even 6:30 in the morning, which can make for quite a roller coaster of emotion coming from one man. Despite him being extremely religious, and in your face, the man swears and drinks like a sailor.. oh and could I not mention the amount of yelling I heard in just a week of being housed there. The way we left as it turns out was by being kicked out because finally after a week of being yelled at about random things, like helping him fix his WiFi and him forgetting about it probably because of how drunk he is all day, every day. He seriously became violent after I tried to calmly explain to him what had happened and tried to fight me. For one I am in my 20's and the man is a huge 60 year old, he doesn't reason with you before getting extremely violent and yelling profusely. I must warn whoever is planning to stay here that you will have to put up with one of the most downright unearthly imbecilic people I have ever come into contact with. I never would never suggest the place to anyone. You have been warned

Room Tip: Rooms in the loft are the smallest, and most cramped. Try to house in the 8-Plex, they are full furnished rooms. Just avoid Mitch.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Brent W
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We booked well in advance but were a bit anxious when we could not see the lodge from the highway. Once we got there, we found the atmosphere was welcoming and accommodating. Mitch, the owner, gave us a good deal. We had free breakfasts. His son, Jason, made very good omelettes. The view from the breakfast / dining area was fabulous. Our room was cozy. Mitch gave us good tips regarding our trip to Denali National Park. Mitch shared my husband’s love for John Fogerty and CCR. He made us feel at home. We can also use the kitchen.

Mitch and Jason were very good hosts. The lodge offered very good value for the money.

Overall, it was a great experience

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple