“Good food, great atmosphere”

49th State Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Healy
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether ordering a burger the size of your head, Alderwood smoked ribs that fall off the bone, or a local organic salad the food at the 49th will not disappoint. Our award winning craft beer is brewed on premises and can be enjoyed in the beer garden while playing disc golf, bocce ball, horseshoes, or bags. The 49th's outdoor concert series brings acts such as: The Wailers, Trampled by Turtles, Dark Star Orchestra, Keller Williams, Pato Banton, and Matt Lewis and the Medicine. The "Into the Wild" bus from the movie is in the garden and visitors are welcome to go aboard to see the memorabilia on display. As we are located 8 miles north of the Denali hub, we offer a local shuttle for a worry free visit.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was a wonderful accidental discovery in Healy while we were visiting Denali. We stopped in for a drink and to sit outside on a nice evening. All we could see was the tent opening to the restaurant and some picnic tables outside. Once inside, we found a complete restaurant with a great selection of beer and whiskeys. We went home and showered, having just come from horseback riding, and then we went back to the restaurant for dinner. I had Elk Meatballs, which was a special that night. They were very tastey. I had never eaten elk before. All in all, a nice place to have dinner and drinks in Healy, which doesn't have many options.

There are newer reviews for 49th State Brewing Company

Reviewed 25 August 2014

So I have been on a quest to try all of our Alaskan Micro-breweries, this one just happens to have a restaurant. We were on our way north, we werre hungry and this place was righ where it need to be for meal time. It sits a little outside the so called glitter gulch area of Denali national Park but still in the area. You park and ther is a large beer garen area with THE bus from into the wild fame, how they got it I don't know but I can guess. There is Boce and horse shoes in this area as well as tables, nest is a large tent where you can sit as well and then finally the main building. The inside is dark but is well really cool with a great atmosphere, taxidermied animals, a fire pit with a table around it.The beer selection i posted with particulars. The food is spedny but good, my dughter and I perused the menu they had burgers made from Yak, decsion made. The burger was wildly expensive but it good and large I needed no more foor for the raminer of the day. The beer and the Root variety were both excellent. If you are hungry and in the Denali area I don't think you will find a bettter meal, you cdertainly won't find this many beers made right there on tap.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went twice to this restaurant. For our anniversary and for my husband's birthday.
The entire place has great atmosphere, happy and vivid. Great dark beers which we like a lot, nice way and nice food.
In one of the two times, we sat around the fire. It was special.
Lots of different people are coming there and it is interesting to see. Kind waiters to serve. Some are from all over the world and the place has a unique atmosphere.

Recommended.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Ribs are one of my favorite foods. These were dry and with only a moderate flavor. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I go to places like Denali National Park and Preserve because I want to get away from the crazed pace of normal life. I don't want a place like that to be modified to suit my creature comforts. However, it was truly nice to have dinner and one of the best beers I've ever tasted in a beautiful place like Healy! My hostess at the Ridgetop Cabins suggested 49th State Brewing Co for dinner, and I am so glad she did. Healy is not a "town" in the true sense of the word, Alaska is not a place to go if you want to rush and be in a hurry - be patient, wait your turn, and good things happen! I was able to get the Grizzly Bear dark lager (I believe it is a seasonal brew). It was the best beer I've ever had! Smooth, clean finish and great flavor! I had the king salmon burger and it was delicious! It's a lively, comfortable environment, and it was a fabulous recommendation!