“Best b&b I have ever stayed at!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healy
Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Healy B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Best b&b I have ever stayed at!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Fantastic place and hosts. Terry and Ann were great from the start, accommodating me with a night of room and an early breakfast the next morning so I could hit the park (630 instead of the normal 730).

Rooms are spacious and super clean. Public areas are great for socializing and the house has an extensive DVD collection.

Only drawback is location, 11 miles or so from the park enterence. If you are willing to make the trek out of there, I highly recommend this b&b. Additionally, it is open year around.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank TrevorGSX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 30 March 2011

So it was a beautiful sunny day and my friend and I decided to take a last minute trip north, and decided on Denali National Park due to the gorgeous weather and being less than 5 hours from Anchorage. We've been south to the Kenai numerous times, but not north, so we thought it would be a great place to check out and do some skiing and exploring. After making some calls, I booked a reservation at the Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast. On a side note, the village of Denali shuts down in the off season, and there is limited lodging in Healy (which is 12 miles from the park entrance) year round. From just talking with Terry on the phone, I knew that this would be a wonderful experience. We arrived in the afternoon, checked out Denali National Park for a bit, took some pictures, and then stopped off at the 49th State Brewery in Healy for dinner and some drinks. After getting our fill, we drove a short distance and got checked in and introduced to their Scottish Terriers and the other guests. From the time we walked in the door it was immediate and friendly hospitality. From showing us around the common area, to explaining the amenities, both Terry and Ann were very friendly and helpful in showcasing their place as well as activities in the area. We decided to read some books and watch a movie in an elegantly decorated room. All the rooms featured tvs with dvd/vcr players and the upstairs rooms were ours was one, had stunning views out the window of the mountains and wildlife. The next morning we woke up to a home cooked to order breakfast and coffee and the choices were good for breakfast. Once again they offered friendly advice as to what to see and do in the area and made sure that we enjoyed our stay. We would definitely return to this wonderful bed and breakfast and Terry and Ann at the Denali Dome Home went above and beyond, which is why we left feeling that it was one of our best stays ever.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bkim82
Bern
Reviewed 1 March 2011

From the minute we stepped into Ann and Terry's B&B we felt at home. The spacious living room has a big warm fire place inviting to sit down and exchange the daily adventures with the other guests,
which like us started their dog sled tours into the Denali National Park from Healy.

Directly adjacent to the living room is the big kitchen where Terry created our
favorite Breakfasts each morning. If you choose to go out, two restaurants are a healthy walk down
the road.

Each night we found another book about dog mushing on our pillows. Ann and Terry have an extensive
knowledge about Alaska, the Denali National Park and outdoor activities from mushing to hunting. Their library on these subjects was way bigger than we could ever see through on our short stay.

But we were really overwhelmed with our hosts generosity when we came into an uncomfortable predicament:
our shuttle from Healy to Anchorage failed us and we were in danger to miss our flight the next day.
Ann and Terry made a huge effort to find us a solution. We are glad to have met two such great Alaskans!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank rvvs
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I don't like B&B's as a rule, but this place was great. The owners are great, the place is nice and the other guests were a lot of fun. Listen to the hosts, they know how to make your trip better. They recommended that my wife and I split up the last day so that I could do the 10 hour shuttle trip and she could go shopping and to the spa. I got great pictures and she didn't have to ride with me for 10 hours. Oh, the food was good.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank seateacher
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We went for our honeymoon and it was perfect. The hosts were so nice and knowledgable. The beds were so comfortable. We were surprised by a bottle of champaign. The breakfast was great. They have an excellent movie selection. The grounds are so beautiful. The house is very unique. I would definitely go back. It was like I knew them my whole life.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ineedavacation005
Reviewed 20 January 2011

One of the best B&Bs we've ever stayed in. Ann & Terry are incredible people & were outstanding hosts . They made our honeymoon a trip to remember. The hospitality was superb. They have an extensive knowledge of the area, including things to do, services offered, etc. We had plenty of things to do every day even though it was the dead of winter. Denali National Park is a 15-20 minute drive from here. Ann & Terry can help arrange dog mushing trips in the area. There's even an outdoor hockey rink across the street. Breakfast was delicious every single day. Our nights were quiet, comfortable, and very restful. The fireplace was always lit & made our return out of -30 degree weather all the more enjoyable. The view from the Dome Home is spectacular - especially if you're lucky enough to catch the Aurora (we saw a small display while we were there). We felt like we were staying with relatives we like. In addition, Healy is a very friendly town & the locals are very generous to tourists. You have to stay here if you're considering a trip to the area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alaska2011
Reviewed 12 November 2010

My dad and I stayed at the Dome Home in August and truly loved it! Ann and Terry are so warm and welcoming! From the moment you book the reservation, they provide you with a lot help regarding booking Denali tours, weather, and other vaulable info. Once you arrive they provide you such personalized, exceptional service! The made-to-order breakfasts are a fantastic way to start the day.. Terry is a fabulous chef! Even had homemade blueberry syrup to go with the pancakes/French toast! The tea and hot chocolate selection is unbeatable as is the video collection (everything from sightseeing guidance, to blockbusters, to children's entertainment). The room we stayed is was just lovely.. a double bed and a single bed.. just perfect for my Dad and I with an attached bathroom I was a bit hesitant when I learned online that it was a standup shower and expected something small, but was quite the opposite and in fact was the ideal shower for my elderly Dad. The website says we might see wildlife outside the windows but never really thought we would. Ended up seeing the largest moose I have ever seen! It walked right up to the picture windows in the living room and hung out for 15-20 mins! Took several great pics! When I booked originally, I made a reservation for two nights at the Dome Home and one night at the Princess Denali just to be able to experience both. Wish I hadn't done so.. would have rather stayed at the Dome Home for longer! Was truly a memorable experience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank NickRock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healy
Denali Park Hotel
Grande Denali Lodge
#3 of 6 in McKinley Village
Denali Touch Of Wilderness Bed and Breakfast Inn
Motel Nord Haven Aurora Denali Lodge

Been to Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!