Denali Dome Home Bed and Breakfast
US$138
TripAdvisor
McKinley Chalet Resort(McKinley Village)
  • Restaurant
Grande Denali Lodge(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
Denali Bluffs Hotel(McKinley Village)
TripAdvisor
Denali Park Village(Denali National Park and Preserve)
  • Restaurant
The Perch Resort(McKinley Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsother guestsfrench toasttrain stationb bcookiesgreat hostsbrowniecar rentalgreat roomunique homeplace to stayliving roomroaring fireplaceno shoeshalibutgreat advicefresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2010

We received a basement room after arrival without notice before. In their lodging description basement rooms are not mentioned. No ventilation or window in bathroom. 190 US-$ for such a room is not worth doing it. Clarify the room situation when booking.
And host Terry pretends to be a tough guy which looks pretty strange.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Knuddel49
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Our group was my daugter and her son-in-law, a family friend and myself. We only could stay one night due to our schedule and their availability, but we were so glad we got to stay atleast one night. The hosts were awesome. The room was great, the bathroom was a great size. But....the breakfast was the best we had at any place we stayed. We will definately stay here again if we visit Denali again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MomP77
Reviewed 11 September 2010

My wife & I stayed at the Dome for 3 nights during our recent trip to Alaska. Ann & Terry are great hosts, they do an excellent job of giving great information but also giving guests appropriate space and privacy. The home is impeccably clean, and decorated with great Alaskan art and hunting trophies. There are many extra touches like books about
Alaska left on beds, and plenty of movies/reading material/etc all over the B&B.
Neither I or my wife are huge breakfast eaters, but there was a very nice spread every morning including cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, juices and then cooked to order breakfasts (I believe the choices were eggs, pancakes, or french toast). Other guests seemed very happy with the full breakfast.
Terry must have taken a mental note of my interest in the local wildlife as he went out of his way to tell me when there were moose sighted in the neighborhood, and also knocked on our door one morning when the resident red fox was sighted in his backyard. That was a nice touch that was truly appreciated.
Lastly, as an idea of how thoughtful Terry & Ann are...my wife left behind a pair of socks (the extra fluffy slipper socks type), and The Millers arranged to have it brought up to Fairbanks, as they knew were we were staying on our next stop. That was above and beyond!
We would surely stay with the Millers again if we're lucky enough to be back in the Denali area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yojosh
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Terri and Ann have been in the B&B business for 20 years and they have it down!
They have a great space with large comfortable common areas, bedrooms are plush with extra touches like books on Alaska, toiletries you may have forgotten. They also have cars to rent and will pick you up at the Denali train station if needed. Home is large and beautiful with beautiful grounds. Saw 2 fox at the salt lick. Great experience!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Myra-Bob
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I was looking for a place to stay outside Denali. I didn't want to stay in the hotels owned by the cruise lines.. Ann and Terry own a beautiful B&B just 15 minutes from the park. The property sits back from the road on many acres of wooded land. We came with our 3 adult children and booked 2 rooms for the 5 of us for 2 nights Prices were reasonable compared to the rest of Alaska where everything is very expensive. (remember breakfast is included)
The rooms are clean, cozy and with every amenity you would need.

Ann and Terry have a wealth of information about Alaska and are more then willing to give guidance on where, what ,when and how to get somewhere.

I give it 5 stars!!!