“Complete confidence in Emerald Air”

Emerald Air Service, Inc.
Ranked #8 of 63 Outdoor Activities in Homer
More attraction details
Owner description: Please join us for the bear viewing trip of a lifetime. Find yourself in pristine, remote areas where you are not limited to paved trails or platforms--where you are away from the crowds. Fly in our deHavilland Beaver on floats across Cook Inlet to Katmai--bear country--and spend a full day watching thse magnificent creatures. An unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 11 January 2014

After reading many, many reviews on Tripadvisor, I chose to have my two teenage children fly with Craig and Sarah for bear viewing in Katmai NP last summer. Upon meeting these two the morning of the trip, I had complete confidence my children would be in safe hands. My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing day exploring Homer. The kids returned with wonderful memories and photos of the beautiful scenery on the flights and the bear watching. My only regret is that the end of June probably was not the prime time to do this. They only saw grown bears hanging out or digging for clams--no bear cubs or salmon fishing. Still, it was definitely the experience of a lifetime!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I spent a day with Craig and Sarah in the Funnel Creek/Morraine Creek area just two weeks ago, but seems like yesterday. The sights, smells, and sounds are still right there. Fantastic trip over and back. Bears were a once in a lifetime experience, and there are no better folks to lead a trip like this, Sarah is a real expert, and having the experience of both of them on this trip was a bonus. Great people, great trip, great bears and memories that will last forever. Thanks to Craig and Sarah for being both passionate about what you do and available when we were planning our trip. Would go see the bears again in a heartbeat, but only with Emerald. Mark and Ronda

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This was just breathtaking. Together with Craig and Sarah we flew over Cook Inlet along the volcanoes into Katmai NP. To come that near to the bears was Not expectable. There was no second of fear, because all bears accepted US to be respectful guests in their habitat. We took hundreds of awesome pics and Video sequences with US home. Thanks so much for that day to Emerald.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My friend and I spent a LONG time trying to decide which company to go with, and we made the perfect choice for us with Emerald Air. I wondered if being on a tiny floatplane would make me nervous, but I was completely at ease with Craig as pilot, and with the plane itself. They have the most modern safety and navigation equipment and he has years and years of flying experience. I LOVED the flight! THey are both knowledgeable about the bears and Sarah is a wonderful guide, and we both enjoyed talking to her so much. We never felt nervous around the bears. On the day of our trip, there were quite a few other planes landing on the tiny lake, but our group was the only one that really walked around, across small streams, and along the streams, to see the most bears. Craig and Sarah know where the bears are, and who they are. It's just the trip of a lifetime. When we returned to Homer, even their young son was hospitable - making us each a cup of coffee to warm up a little before we hit the road.

1  Thank VAturtlelvr
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We went on a bear viewing trip with Craig, also our pilot and we have had the best day ever.

The flight with a waterplain was exiting and even before we landed we saw several bear. With hipboots you will walk through rivers and across the tundra if you are going in this period when the salmon are running. As soon as we got to the river we saw a mom with 3 cubs and a lot of other bears. We saw them fishing and relaxing, it really was an amazing trip.