“This was the most spectacular trip during our Alaska holiday!”

Alaska Bear Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$695.00*
and up
Flightseeing Tour and Wilderness Bear Viewing in an Alaska National Park
Ranked #1 of 55 Tours in Homer
More attraction details
Owner description: Bears Are Our Passion! At Alaska Bear Adventures with K-BAY AIR we focus all our considerable knowledge and experience EXCLUSIVELY on Your Alaska Bear Adventure. Others offer Bear Viewing as a sideline.... As a family operated business, we "live" Bear Viewing 24 hours a day from mid-May to early September. We fly bush planes to the best places in the world for Guided Wilderness Bear Viewing.Fly safely, View Safely.Please read our reviews.
Cologne, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“This was the most spectacular trip during our Alaska holiday!”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Overall, we spent a little more than 3 weeks in Alaska, traveling with a Pick-Up camper on Kenai peninsula, from Anchorage to Fairbanks, to the Denali National Park and back to Anchorage. We've driven on Steese Highway to Circle, on Denali Highway from Paxson to Cantwell, we did a few miles on the Nabesna Road and on the Petersville Road and we also went to Chena Hot Springs. Even the 3 days in Denali NP itself could not match with the outstanding once-in-a-lifetime adventure we had on the day trip from Homer to Katmai NP with Michael from KBayAir and his Cessna.
Although it was a little rainy (but only in Hallo Bay), the experience to have lunch just next to a Katmai bear is something you'll never forget in your life. Michael (our pilot) did an excellent job and is also a very experienced guide who was able to provide a lot of background information about the Katmai bears and also about Katmai National Park itself.
If I ever get the opportunity to visit Alaska again, I will definitely do this tour again, too...

1 Thank TDi1968

New York
“Unbelievable Experience”
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We saved our K Bay Air Bear Viewing experience to the last day of our 10 day trip to Alaska. And we definitely saved the best for last. It was a once it a lifetime chance to really be up close to these beautiful bears in the wild. We took amazing photos but I think you had to be there to really appreciate how awesome it is. Even the flight was incredible with spectacular views of the peninsula. Well worth every penny.

Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unsurpassed, Fabulous "National Geographic" Moments”
Reviewed 20 July 2009

KBay Air showed us an unsurpassed, fabulous experience with "National Geographic" views. After landing on the beach at Hallo Bay, we were enthralled as we watched and photographed natural brown bear behavior at distances as close as 20 yards in a large expanse of grassland with snowy peaks for a background.

The astonishing highlights were a relaxed, grazing mother with two cubs who were playing and very curious about us, and an adult male and female cuddling in mating behavior. And, there were only a few other people within miles.

Mike, our pilot and guide, was an expert in both roles (and I'm a pilot). He briefed us thoroughly on all the safety equipment and measures, and how to walk, stay together and behave properly so as not to disturb or provoke the bears. But most outstanding of all he put in the extra effort to locate the best viewing situation, even when time for the trip was growing short.

We simply cannot imagine how it could have been any better than what we experienced.

1 Thank Colorado_Traveler05
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mike is Great, however, Homer is NOT the right place for bear viewing”
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We recently paid a visit to Alaska and took K Bay Air to Katmai National Park for Bear Viewing. The trip was smooth and Mike is friendly. However, I was very disappointed that we were not able to see bears catching salmon. When I got back home, I realized that the place Mike landed is not Brooks Fall, which is THE place to watch bears catching salmon. I think most of the bear viewing tours in Homer probably don't go to Brooks Fall, so Homer may not be a good place to take such tours. My friend who took their bear viewing tour from Anchorage went to Brooks Fall and saw a lot of bears catching salmon. It is a pity and I regret that I didn't ask Mike before I made my reservation.

4 Thank BrandonTexas
Manitowoc, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our Alaskan Vacation!”
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We traveled to Denali, Homer, Seward and got on the cruise ship in Whittier, then cruised from Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan to Vancouver. This bear viewing trip was the highlight of our 2 week vacation. Homer was our favorite town, don't miss it!
Michael eased our fears regarding the flight and the bears, he is a true professional who understands and respects the animals.
This was a once in a lifetime experience that I would recommend to everyone traveling to Alaska. It is all we talk about when we talk about our vacation!

1 Thank dar1984