“Terrible service. Excellent food.”
Review of Wasabi's

Wasabi's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wasabi's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Homer
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Majestic views of Kachemak Bay, glaciers and mountains, multiple bird viewing opportunities and a moose or two. We accommodate large parties to 300 people, plenty of parking perfect for weddings and functions. We also have a night club with state of the art lighting, sound and vidio perfect for that special event.
Mevasseret Zion, Israel
“Terrible service. Excellent food.”
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the god news: outstanding food! Whatever we ordered (except for the sushi which was just ok) was remarkable! Tasty, and also well presented. Also- it is a beautiful restaurant with magnificent view from the windows and the architecture is smart.
However- we have made reservation for 8 pm and arrived on time. Several more tables were served but the place was relatively empty. We were served with the excellent appetizers, but in no time while still working on those, the waiter brought the entree! But that was not the end. Still eating and enjoying my plate, the waiter cleared my husband's plate (he was done with it) and offered that she will pack mine to take... When I mentioned I am still eating she brought the check! My husband said we would like to have deserts , and furiously she mentioned all deserts took the order and brought another check... While we ate the desert- the waiters worked on putting chairs on the tables and cleaning the restaurant. A note: we arrived at 8pm and left just before 10 pm... I would call it rude!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Idit M
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Yeah and boo at the same time. Apologies for our service and thankful that you where able to see thru a poor server and recognize we are more than that. Assured the server you had no longer works for us and we have made better choices in heiring. Glad our food was a Homerun and worth other visits. Thanks for your business.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent seafood.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Large menu, all foods well-prepared. Sushi, sashimi, and steamed clams and mussels were the best..............

Visited August 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Glad you enjoyed our selection and care of our product. We work feverishly to supply our customers with the highest quality we are able to get our hands on. We are blessed to live in resource abundant rich state and customers to go along with it. Thanks for your patronage and it's our pleasure to serve you.
Roanoke, Virginia
“Just DON'T”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Thanks to Wasabi's, my ambition to experience sushi with fresh Alaskan halibut and salmon, was more than just a total loss.

First, and to be fair, I was with three other people. Their food looked, and by their reaction to it, tasted just fine. They were very happy with the food. But they did not order the sushi.

What I got was over sized, completely over dense balls of rice, with very thin cuts of fish pasted over them like a skin. Each piece of nigiri felt like three times normal weight, all if it rice. The copious amount of sushi vinegar they used cut right through the flavor of the fish.

I forced down three pieces because I showed up hungry, a fraction of what I normally eat, and quit.

It was apparent that whoever was preparing it did not know what they were doing and did not have supervision from someone who did. I understand that not everyone has expertise in this area, but I sort of expected that they would know how to prepare sushi at what is primarily billed as a sushi bar.

I told the waitress about it and her response was, "I think maybe they have someone new doing it."

To top it off, by the time we got back to our rental I was sick, and stayed that way for two days. I will spare you the details, but it was really not any more gross than their sushi when it was on the plate.

Do yourself a favor, if you have to eat at this place, order something cooked, or just don't go.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank PaulTex97
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
It never settles well with us to have given customers poor experiences. We regret having done so and it is our deepest wish that you give us another opportunity to change your experience with us. Thanks for your time, we will use this review as an opportunity to make some changes.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

What an incredible experience we had at Wasabi's. Just spectacular.

We started with the bountiful and lovely seafood stew with loads of clams, mussels and shrimp. So good.

Then we enjoyed fresh and flavorful Caesar salads. Loved the black sesame seeds.

After, I had the Filet Oscar (topped with crab and bernaise). One of the best meals I have ever had. Simply divine.

My wife had the Salmon Poke and it was super fresh and so tasty.

Then we had a brownie dessert to finish the meal. Delectable.

Last, our lovely server - I believe Lindsay is her name - was amazing; friendly, knowledgeable, and timely.

I highly recommend Wasabi's

• Visited July 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
WOW! Right back at ya. Thanks for being one of the few that had a great experience and still took the time to rave review. Glad we hit a home run for you.
Franklin
“Great view Good food Ok service”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Our first experience was being turned away becuase they were too busy... we appreciated their honesty. Second day they weren't so busy and we were able to dine with them. Service seemed cold...even though we did order there fish specials. The view was great which helped to overcome the shortcoming on service.

Visited July 2013
FISHTRUCK, Owner at Wasabi's, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thanks for the feed back we will try our best to fix the isue.

Been to Wasabi's? Share your experiences!